As of March 28, 2023, with its market capitalization of $21.8 billion, EDP RENOVÁVEIS, S.A. is the most valuable company in Portugal, according to the CEOWORLD magazine. The list places EDP – ENERGIAS DE PORTUGAL, S.A. as the 2nd most valuable company, towering at a $20.4 billion valuation, followed by JERÓNIMO MARTINS, SGPS, S.A. with a market cap of $13.8 billion (NO. 3), GALP ENERGIA, SGPS, S.A. with a market cap of $8.8 billion (NO. 4), and BANCO COMERCIAL PORTUGUÊS, S.A. with a market cap of $3 billion (NO. 5).
Market cap (i.e., market capitalization) is an essential metric in ascertaining the comparative value of firms concerning trading opportunities. We have used the latest market cap data published by the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE), the London Stock Exchange, or other most prominent global stock exchanges to rank the companies.
In the latest CEOWORLD magazine ranking of the companies, THE NAVIGATOR COMPANY ranks 6th with a market cap of $2.4 billion, and NOS, SGPS, S.A ranks seventh with a market cap of $2.3 billion (NO. 7). SONAE – SGPS, SA ranks 8th in the list, with a market cap of $2 billion (NO. 8); meanwhile, REN – REDES ENERGÉTICAS NACIONAIS, SGPS, S.A. ranks ninth with a market cap of $1.9 billion (No. 9) and CORTICEIRA AMORIM, SGPS, S.A. ranks 10th with a market cap of $1.4 billion.
Ranked: Biggest Companies in Portugal by Market Capitalization
- EDP RENOVÁVEIS, S.A.: $21.8 billion
- EDP – ENERGIAS DE PORTUGAL, S.A.: $20.4 billion
- JERÓNIMO MARTINS, SGPS, S.A.: $13.8 billion
- GALP ENERGIA, SGPS, S.A.: $8.8 billion
- BANCO COMERCIAL PORTUGUÊS, S.A.: $3 billion
- THE NAVIGATOR COMPANY: $2.4 billion
- NOS, SGPS, S.A.: $2.3 billion
- SONAE – SGPS, SA: $2 billion
- REN – REDES ENERGÉTICAS NACIONAIS, SGPS, S.A.: $1.9 billion
- CORTICEIRA AMORIM, SGPS, S.A.: $1.4 billion
- SEMAPA: $1.1 billion
- ALTRI, SGPS, S.A.: $1 billion
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org