Elon Musk tops the list as the wealthiest person in the U.S. The founder of Tesla, based out of Texas, is worth some $263.7 billion, or about $110.5 billion more than Jeff Bezos ($153.2 billion, Washington). The United States is home to over a quarter of the world’s billionaires, representing about 748 of the roughly 2,668 billionaires worldwide.
More than half of them live in California, New York, and Florida. California leads the way with 186 billionaires, New York with 135, and Florida with 78. Elon Musk is the richest billionaire in Texas. But who is the wealthiest billionaire in every American state in 2022?
- Arizona: Ernest Garcia II, $4.4 billion
- Arkansas: Jim Walton, $59 billion
- California: Larry Page, $93.3 billion
- Colorado: Philip Anschutz, $11 billion
- Connecticut: Ray Dalio, $19.1 billion
- Florida: Thomas Peterffy, $21.7 billion
- Georgia: Bernard Marcus, $8.4 billion
- Hawaii: Larry Ellison, $102.4 billion
- Idaho: Frank VanderSloot, $3.1 billion
- Illinois: Ken Griffin, $31 billion
- Indiana: Carl Cook, $9.9 billion
- Iowa: Harry Stine, $7.8 billion
- Kansas: Charles Koch, $56.2 billion
- Kentucky: Tamara Gustavson, $8.3 billion
- Louisiana: Gayle Benson, $4.7 billion
- Maine: Susan Alfond, $2.3 billion
- Maryland: Stephen Bisciotti, $6.4 billion
- Massachusetts: Abigail Johnson, $20.8 billion
- Michigan: Daniel Gilbert, $17.4 billion
- Minnesota: Glen Taylor, $23B billion
- Mississippi: James Duff and Thomas Duff, $2.2 billion
- Missouri: Pauline MacMillan Keinath, $7.2 billion
- Montana: Dennis Washington, $6.4 billion
- Nebraska: Warren Buffett, $98.7 billion
- Nevada: Miriam Adelson and family, $27 billion
- New Jersey: John Overdeck, $6.8 billion
- New York: Michael Bloomberg, $76.8 billion
- North Carolina: Tim Sweeney, $7.6 billion
- Ohio: Les Wexner and family, $6 billion
- Oklahoma: Harold Hamm and family, $21 billion
- Oregon: Phil Knight and family, $42.4 billion
- Pennsylvania: Jeff Yass, $30 billion
- Rhode Island: Jonathan Nelson, $3.1 billion
- South Carolina: Anita Zucker, $1.7 billion
- South Dakota: T. Denny Sanford, $2 billion
- Tennessee: Thomas Frist Jr. and family, $18.1 billion
- Texas: Elon Musk, $263.7 billion
- Utah: Gail Miller and Matthew Prince, $4 billion
- Virginia: Jacqueline Mars, $37.6 billion
- Washington: Jeff Bezos, $153.2 billion
- Wisconsin: John Menard Jr., $17.3 billion
- Wyoming: John Mars, $37.6 billion
Have you read?
Best Business Schools In The World For 2022.
Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2022.
Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World For 2022.
Best Medical Schools In The World For 2022.
The World’s Best Universities For Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), 2022.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org