New York is regarded as the world’s cultural, financial, and media centre. The New York Metropolis has the greatest concentration of billionaires of any city on earth. So here is a list of the richest people in New York.
Michael Bloomberg (Net Worth- $70 billion)
The media and entertainment are the main two industries he works in. Michael Rubens Bloomberg is a politician, philanthropist, author, and businessman. Bloomberg L.P. is his corporation, and he is the main owner and co-founder. He served as Mayor of New York City from 2002 to 2013, and he stood for President of the United States as a Democrat in 2020.
Julia Koch (Net Worth- $53.8 billion)
- Stephen Schwarzman (Net Worth- $37.5 billion)
Stephen Allen Schwarzman is a businessman, philanthropist, and also investor from the United States. He is the chairman and CEO of The Blackstone Group, a multinational private equity corporation he founded in 1985 with Peter G. Peterson, the former chairman and CEO of Lehman Brothers. Finance and investment are the industry he works in.
- Leonard Lauder (Net Worth- $31.3 billion)
Leonard Alan Lauder is a billionaire, philanthropist, and art collector from the United States. He and his brother, Ronald Lauder, are the only heirs to their parents’ cosmetics empire, which was established by Estée Lauder and Joseph Lauder in 1946. Fashion and retail are the two main industries he focuses on.
- Gérard Paul Philippe Wertheimer (Net Worth- $31.2 billion)
Gérard Paul Philippe Wertheimer owns Chanel, the Parisian fragrance and fashion house that makes Chanel No. 5 perfume, in partnership with his brother, Alain Wertheimer. Gérard is married, with two children, and lives in New York City and Switzerland.
- Jim Simons (Net Worth- $24.4 billion)
- Rupert Murdoch (Net Worth- $21.8 billion)
Keith Rupert Murdoch AC KCSG is a media tycoon, investor, and businessman who was born in Australia. The media and entertainment are the main two industries he works in.
- Donald Newhouse (Net Worth- $15.6 billion)
Newhouse is the owner of Advance Magazines, a multibillion-dollar corporation that comprises Condé Nast publications, Reddit, and a share in Discovery Channel. The media and entertainment are the main two industries he works in. In 2017, his brother Samuel Newhouse, with whom he shared the family fortune, died. The company’s president is still Donald Newhouse.
- Leon Black (Net Worth- $10.9 billion)
- Israel Englander (Net Worth- $10.5 billion)
- Chase Coleman III (Net Worth- $10.3 billion)
- Henry Kravis (Net Worth- $9.2 billion)
- George Soros (Net Worth- $8.6 billion)
Soros is probably most recognized for his impact on the stock market in the United Kingdom on Black Wednesday in 1992. Finance and investment are the two industries he works in. Forbes said Soros earned $1.5 billion in a single month by gambling that the British pound and several other European currencies were priced too high versus the German Deutsche mark.
- Stephen Ross (Net Worth- $8.3 billion)
- Valerie Mars (Net Worth- $8.3 billion)
- Jane Lauder (Net Worth- $7.6 billion)
- David Shaw (Net Worth- $7.5 billion)
- Jonathan Gray (Net Worth- $7.4 billion)
- Ralph Lauren (Net Worth- $7.2 billion)
- Stanley Druckenmiller (Net Worth- $6.8 billion)
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org