Who are the highest-paid CEOs of healthcare companies in the US? You will find all the information in this article.
- Michael Neidorff: He is the CEO of Centene Corporation which belongs to the field of healthcare. In 2020 the company had 111 billion dollars revenue. In 2020, Neidorff earned $4.7 million in bonuses that contributed to a total yearly earnings of $24.96 million. Neidorff was born and grew up in Altoona, Pennsylvania. He holds a bachelor’s degree in political science from Trinity University and a master’s degree in industrial relations at St. Francis College.
- Alex Gorsky: He is the Chairman and CEO of Johnson and Johnson. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree from the U.S. Military Academy at West Point, N.Y. and an Executive Master of Business Administration degree from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. His annual salary is almost 24 million dollars, a fact that makes him one of the highest paid CEOs in healthcare.
- Richard A. Gonzalez: He is Chairman of the Board and Chief Executive Officer of AbbVie, a global biopharmaceutical company that employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and markets medicines in more than 175 countries. It is said that he hasn’t got a college degree. However, he is one of the highest paid CEOs in healthcare in the United States. For example, his compensation for 2020 was estimated at almost 21 million dollars and for 2017 at 22.6 million dollars.
- David M. Cordani: He serves as the President and CEO of Cigna. He holds a bachelor’s degree from Texas A&M and an MBA from the University of Hartford. With operations in more than 30 countries and jurisdictions across the globe, David Cordani leads Cigna’s more than 70,000 colleagues in improving the health, well-being, and peace of mind of those they serve. In 2020 he received a total compensation of almost 20 million dollars. Some years ago, in 2011 his total compensation was 19 million dollars. It seems that through the years his earnings are stable.
- Albert Bourla: He is the chairman and chief executive officer of Pfizer. Bourla was born and raised in Thessaloniki, Greece. His parents, who were Sephardi Jews, were among the 2,000 of 50,000 Jews in Thessaloniki to survive the Holocaust. He holds a doctorate in the biotechnology of reproduction at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki’s Veterinary School. At the age of 34 he left Greece with his wife after a promotion within Pfizer. He now lives in New York with his wife and his two children. He received $21 million in compensation from Pfizer in 2020.
- Giovanni Caforio: He is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Bristol Myers Squibb. He holds a degree as a physician. Born and educated in Italy, Giovanni received his M.D. from the University of Rome. His total compensation in 2020 reached 19,5 million dollars.
- Daniel O’Day: He is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Gilead Sciences, Inc. Daniel O’Day joined Gilead Sciences in March 2019 as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer. He holds a bachelor’s degree in biology from Georgetown University and an MBA from Columbia University in New York. In 2020 Daniel O’ Ray made $18,99 million in total annual compensation.
- Samuel Hazen: He is the CEO of HCA Healthcare. The company is based in Nashville and it has more than 270.000 employees. Hazen earned his bachelor’s degree in finance from the University of Kentucky and his master’s degree in business administration from the University of Nevada Las Vegas. His total annual compensation in 2020 was 18,1 million dollars.
- David Ricks: He is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at Eli Lilly and Company. He holds a bachelor of science degree from Purdue University and a master of business administration degree from Indiana University. The total compensation of David Ricks at Lilly (Eli) & Co is $21,283,200. It is said that he is the most highly paid executive at the company.
- Joseph Zubretsky: He is the president and CEO of Molina Healthcare, Inc. with more than 35 years of experience in the insurance and financial services sectors. He holds a Bachelor’s degree in business administration from the University of Hartford. It is said that his total compensation package for 2021 will reach 18 million dollars.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org