Mexican mining tycoon Alberto Bailleres (age 89) has stepped down as president from the 5 main firms comprising his business conglomerate Grupo Bal. Alejandro Baillères Gual (age 60) was named as his replacement.
Alberto Baillères is married to Teresa Gual, they have seven children. He has an estimated net worth of US$9.4 billion according to Forbes. Alberto Baillères is the fourth richest man in Mexico after Carlos Slim Helu (US$66.4 billion), Germán Larrea Mota-Velasco (US$25.3 billion), and Ricardo Salinas Pliego (US$14.7 billion).
Alberto Baillères González stepped down from his role as president at mining firms Fresnillo plc and Industrias Peñoles, insurer GNP, pension fund manager Profuturo and luxury department store Palacio de Hierro. He was named honorary president of those companies.
Alberto was 28 years old when he took over the leading position of Grupo BAL after his father Raúl Baillères passed away.
Top 10 richest people in Mexico
- Carlos Slim Helu: US$66.4 billion
- German Larrea Mota Velasco: US$25.3 billion
- Ricardo Salinas Pliego: US$14.7 billion
- Alberto Bailleres Gonzalez: US$9.4 billion
- Juan Francisco Beckmann Vidal: US$7.9 billion
- Maria Asuncion Aramburuzabala: US$5.8 billion
- Antonio Del Valle Ruiz: US$3.6 billion
- Carlos Hank Rhon: US$2.3 billion
- Rufino Vigil Gonzalez: US$2.1 billion
- Roberto Hernandez Ramirez: US$1.9 billion