Pony Ma Huateng is back on top as China’s richest person. He is the co-founder and chief executive officer of Tencent Holdings, China’s biggest social media, and video games company. Ma Huateng, 49, who is also known as Pony Ma, cofounded Tencent in 1998.
Tencent Holdings shares climbed by 7% in Hong Kong to close at HK$654 amid growth hopes, boosting Ma Huateng’s fortune by $4.01 billion to an estimated $64.6 billion. That led him past previous No. 1, Nongfu Spring CEO Zhong Shanshan, whose estimated wealth ended the day at $62.5 billion, as of April 2, 2021.
Top 10 richest people in China
- Ma Huateng (co-founder and chief executive officer of Tencent Holdings): $64.6 billion
- Zhong Shanshan (chairman of Nongfu Spring): $62.5 billion
- Colin Huang (founder of Pinduoduo): $50.7 billion
- Jack Ma (founder of Alibaba Group): $49.8 billion
- Zhang Yiming (founder and chief executive officer of Bytedance): $35 billion
- Yang Huiyan (majority shareholder of Country Garden Holdings): $33.7 billion
- William Ding (CEO and largest shareholder of NetEase): $33.7 billion
- He Xiangjian (founder and largest shareholder of Midea Group): $32.6 billion
- Qin Yinglin (founder and chairman of Muyuan Foodstuff): $30.2 billion
- Zhang Zhidong (co-founder of Tencent Holdings): $27.9 billion
Have you read?
Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools In The World For 2021.
Best Fashion Schools In The World For 2021.
Best Business Schools In The World For 2021.
Best Medical Schools In The World For 2021.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn.