With a net worth of roughly $12.6 billion, Joseph Tsai, best known as a co-founder and executive vice-chairman of Chinese tech giant Alibaba Group, remains the richest person in Canada. A Taiwan native and Canadian citizen, Joseph Tsai’s fortune recorded a whopping gain of $500 million in 2020.
Sherry Brydson is the 2nd-richest person in Canada, with $11 billion, followed by Tobias Lutke ($9.83 billion), Galen Weston ($9 billion); and Jim Pattison ($7.59 billion). Arthur Irving ranked 6th with a personal wealth of $7.53 billion, followed by Taylor Thomson with $6.81 billion.
Globally, for the first time in recent history, Jeff Bezos (net worth $190 billion) looks like he could be dethroned by Elon R Musk (worth $170 billion, and gaining fast on the top spot) in the coming months, as of January 1, 2021.
Canada top 14 richest billionaires
- Joseph Tsai: $12.6 billion
- Sherry Brydson: $11.0 billion
- Tobias Lutke: $9.83 billion
- Galen Weston: $9.00 billion
- Jim Pattison: $7.59 billion
- Arthur Irving: $7.53 billion
- Taylor Thomson: $6.81 billion
- Peter Thomson: $6.81 billion
- David Thomson: $6.81 billion
- JK Irving: $6.25 billion
- Anthony von Mandl: $6.0 billion
- Chip Wilson: $5.96 billion
- Linda Campbell: $5.35 billion
- Gaye Farncombe: $5.35 billion
If you enjoy this article, don’t forget to check out our compilation of the World’s Richest Race Car Drivers, Richest Musicians, Richest Models, and Richest Rappers Richest Hockey Players Richest Film Directors. Richest Comedians, Richest Basketball Players.
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org