Greece is blessed with both modern as well as ancient history. The country which is a cradle for civilization, cultural, social, and ethical beliefs is also home to ideas that are still taken cue of.
Studying medicine in Greece has many benefits attached to it. Firstly, the nation is cost-effective which means you can live in big cities, without punching a hole in the pocket. And secondly, there is a great network of universities and research centers where a student can enroll himself for a career in medicine. The free education combined with low tuition fees makes the destination a top-pick for every aspiring candidate. Let us now check a few colleges in the country where you can enroll and kick start your ambition.
- Ioannina Medical School: Faculty of Medicine at the University of Ioannina: The first name to make it to our list is none other than the University of Ioannina. Also regarded as one of the best medical schools in Greece, the college provides you access to a wide variety of clinics and labs. With highly qualified faculties, stunning campus, and ample scope for research, it is no wonder why the University is one of the top-pick for both local as well as international students. Apart from studying medicine, the college also provides scope for expanding your horizon in other disciplines such as molecular biology, pathology.
- School of Health Sciences at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens: Founded way back in 1837, the medical school is one of the highly acclaimed institutes to function in the country. The University of Athens as the name suggests is situated in the capital of the country and houses around 3,000 Ph.D. candidates, 2,500 undergraduate students along with 3,000 postgraduate students. To get enrolled in the college, you need to qualify the State Panhellenic Exams. The college also houses other faculties like engineering, applied mathematics, physics, and therefore cater to candidates from different backgrounds both locally and internationally.
- Harokopio University Athens: The lively and colorful Greece Capital is home to a number of good universities. Harokopio University is also one of them. Sitting right at the heart of Athens, the college is the best choice for all aspirants who want to forge ahead in the field of medicine. With a modern campus, research center, top faculties, and many other benefits, candidates have a horde of opportunities that they can explore, while pursuing their career. Apart from medicine, the institute also has educational programs in nutrition and dietetics, along with a doctoral program that leads to Ph.d.
- School of Medicine at Aristotle University of Thessaloniki: Probably, the title and honor of being the largest functioning institute in Greece will go to the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki. Located in the second-largest city in the country, Thessaloniki, the university has been named after the famous philosopher Aristotle. Founded way back in 1925 there are a broad-spectrum of projects that are taught in the university starting from medicine. With a high-end campus and research facilities, it can be truly said that studying in this university will give you an upper hand in your career ahead.
- University of Patras, School of Health Sciences: Founded way back in 1977, it was not until 1983 that the School of Health Sciences was renamed as University of Patras. Equipped with modern facilities, the college also has a university hospital along with state of the art campus, new laboratories, research units, and a lot more to help your career skyrocket further. Apart from instilling basic medical skills about treating patients to the general practitioners, the college also believes in imparting ethical principles and values. All these and many more make the college, one of the best in the country to study medicine.
- School of Medicine at the University of Crete: The last name to enter in our list is the University of Crete. Acclaimed internationally as one of the top schools in the country to pursue medicine and other disciplines, the college began its illustrious journey in the year 1983. Located in Heraklion, near the capital city of Crete, the university has astounding features which makes it a top-pick for both international and local candidates. Boasting of an immense campus that spreads across 24,000 sq meters, the University hospital allows students to put their skills to practice easily. The Medical School of the University of Crete was established in 1983 and admitted its first students in 1984. In 1989 it moved to its new campus which is one of the biggest medical and research complexes in Greece located about 7 km from Heraklion. The Medical School of the University of Crete has always aspired to become a modern teaching and research centre committed to excellence in education and training of students, physicians and biomedical scholars.