If you are a company executive, an entrepreneur, or a freelancer you have the opportunity to choose between five charming destinations in the world where remote workers are welcome. Doesn’t it sound interesting leaving your office in New York or in London and move to Barbados or Anguilla for a totally different working experience?
- Anguilla: Anguilla is lying east of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands and north of Saint Martin. The main island of Anguilla is approximately 16 miles long and 3 miles wide. It is a British overseas territory in the Caribbean and the capital is The Valley. The total land area of the territory is 35 square miles with a population of approximately 17.400 residents. Remote workers who are interested can now live and work on this island of the Caribbean thanks to a new initiative aiming to attract new residents to the area. The first group of applicants is about to arrive by October 31 while people who want to settle after this date can also send their applications.
Individuals staying three months or less are supposed to pay a 1.000 dollars fee. This amount covers two Covid-19 tests and a digital work permit. If someone wants to stay up to a year must pay 2.000 dollars. For families with four members, the fee is 1.500 dollars for about 3 months stay and 3.000 dollars for 1-year settlement. Luxury Superyacht charter in Anguilla, the Eastern Caribbean.
- Aruba: Aruba is lying in the southern Caribbean sea. It is an island and a constituent country of the Kingdom of the Netherlands. It extends 32 kilometers long from its northwestern to its southeastern end and 10 kilometers across at its widest point. Aruba has a dry climate and a desert landscape. This place offers the “One Happy Workation” program, specifically aimed at US travelers. This program provides to US workers a permit for living in Aruba for up to 90 days with special rates at a range of hotels and other forms of accommodation.
Although there isn’t a fee for the program, participants must book one of the accommodation packages for at least 7 days in order to qualify. Applicants also need to be employed by a company or registered as self-employed in their home country. Furthermore, are not allowed to receive any income from Aruban companies unless they have additional work or business permit. Finally, visitors before entering must purchase the Aruba Visitors Insurance which costs about 15 dollars per person each day. Luxury Superyacht charter in Aruba.
- Barbados: Barbados is an island country in the Caribbean region of North America. It is 34 kilometers long and up to 23 kilometers wide. The “12 month Barbados Welcome Stamp” is an attractive program for remote workers offering them the opportunity to transfer their home office to the island for up to a year.
Applicants have the option to relocate with their families. The applications must be accompanied by some kind of proof of employment and an income declaration of at least 50.000 dollars annually for the period applicants will be based on the island. There is also a fee of $2000 dollars for individuals and $3000 for families. This amount must be paid once the application is approved and it is not refundable. All visitors to the island are required to present a negative Covid-19 test result. Luxury Superyacht charter in Barbados.
- Bermuda: Bermuda is a British overseas territory in the North Atlantic ocean. This island is also welcoming remote workers for up to a year. More specifically, the “One Year Residential Certification” program allows travelers to settle to the island and work remotely for a year. Of course, they can take their children with them.
Applications accepted vary from executives, self–employed entrepreneurs, and students interested in remote learning. Not to forget to mention that the application fee is $263. Luxury Superyacht charter in Bermuda.
- Georgia: The program called “Remotely from Georgia” offers to remote workers from 95 countries including the US, New Zealand, and the UK the opportunity to live and work there for almost a year without a visa required. Georgia is lying in the Caucasus region of Eurasia. The country covers a territory of 69.700 square kilometers and has a 3.718 million population.
The program mentioned above aimed at freelancers, full–time employees, or business owners who can stay in Georgia for at least one year but all remote workers can apply. Applicants must have a minimum salary of $2.000 per month and agree to a 14- day hotel quarantine on arrival at their own expense. Luxury Superyacht charter in Georgia.