The winners of the best chef awards for 2020 were announced recently and the list includes some of the most famous ones around the world. Let’s see who are the top 10 best chefs in the world for 2020.
- Rene Redzepi: He is a 42 years old Danish chef. He is the co-owner of the two Michelin stars restaurant Noma in Copenhagen, Denmark. For four years (2010, 2011, 2012, 2014) his restaurant was voted as the best in the world by the World’s Best Restaurant awards of Restaurant magazine. His cooking style lies in new Nordic cuisine giving emphasis on inventiveness and clean flavors.
- Bjorn Frantzen: Bjorn Frantzen is a 43 years old chef and former football player who was born in Sweden. He runs Frantzen, a three Michelin stars restaurant, and also owns several other restaurants in Stockholm and Asia. In the recent past, he sold some of them due to the economic recession. He studied three years at a restaurant school in Stockholm and also attended one year of military cooking in Boden. His cooking style is contemporary.
- Dan Barber: He was born in New York City in 1969. He is the co-owner of Blue Hill in Manhattan and Blue Hill at Stone Barns in Pocantico Hills, New York. He is also the author of the Third Plate. He has graduated from Tufts University and the French Culinary Institute. His cooking style is a farm- to- table and he is also concerned about ethical eating.
- Joan Roca: He is Spanish and he was born in 1964 in Girona, Catalonia. He is a chef of the restaurant El Celler de Can Roca which was named the best restaurant in the world by Restaurant Magazine 2013 and 2015. Also, it was ranked second by the same magazine 2011, 2012, and 2014. He is a co-owner of the restaurant with his two brothers. Joan Roca studied in Escola d’ Hosteleria de Girona. Later he became a teacher there. He is following the traditional cooking style with some modern techniques.
- David Munoz: He comes from Madrid and he is younger than the above chefs. Actually, he is 40 years old. He became well- known for his famous restaurants. He currently has three Michelin stars. More specifically, he owns DiverXO in Madrid, StreetXO also in Madrid and another StreetXO in London. The cuisine in these restaurants is fusion Asian and Spanish.
- Virgilio Martinez: He is a 43 years old Peruvian chef and restaurateur. He has studied at Le Cordon Bleu in Ottawa and London. Of course, his cooking style is the Peruvian cuisine. He is considered one of the new generation Peruvian chefs promoting the spread of the Peruvian cuisine. He is currently chef and owner of the Central Restaurante located in the Barranco District, Lima, Peru. He also opened three Peruvian restaurants called Lima, two in London and one in Dubai.
- Aitor Zabala: He was born in Barcelona in 1979. When he went to the army, he was put in the kitchen to do some cooking. There he decided that he wanted to become a chef. His first working experience was at Akelarre at San Sebastian where he worked for six months without payment. After six months was finally offered a paid job. He is currently the owner of Somni, a small restaurant in Los Angeles. The idea of the restaurant is to give the quests an overall experience. To fill their head with ideas and usefull knowledge about food.
- Rasmus Kofoed: He is a Danish chef born in 1974. He is the head chef and co-owner of Geranium, a three Michelin stars restaurant in Copenhagen. He has won the gold medal at 2011 Bocuse d’ Or, after previously taking the bronze medal in 2005 and the silver medal in 2007 at the same competition.
- Grant Achatz: He is a 46 years old American chef. He is the owner of restaurant Alinea in Chicago. Achatz is recognized for his contributions to molecular gastronomy or progressive cuisine. He has studied at the Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, New York. He has been awarded many times in his life from culinary institutions and publications.
- Mauro Colagreco: He is an Italian Argentine chef at the three Michelin stars restaurant Mirazur in Menton, France. Mauro Colagreco was born in 1976 in La Plata, Argentina. Colagreco established Mirazur in Menton in 2006. Mirazur became officially one of the best restaurants in the world. He follows his own style in interpretation of ingredients and the contrast of flavours.
CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com