Germany is among the world’s top destinations for international students thanks to its renowned education system. Many of the high-ranked universities that are internationally recognized.
Students find Germany ideal studying because of the affordable cost of living, low tuition, and adequate opportunities to work while studying.
Since Germany has the largest economy in Europe, students can secure high-paying jobs after completing their course. From a global perspective, a degree from a German university also helps get a high-paying job in foreign countries.
When it comes to architecture courses, you have many notable universities to choose from. Here is our list of the best colleges to study architecture in Germany:
- Technical University Dresden: TU Dresden gives significant importance to practical teaching methods and research. Students get a preview of the on-job scenario on the excursions they take as part of the Bachelor and Master programs at TU Dresden.
- Wupperthal University: Wupperthal University has traditionally been associated with innovation and research. In addition to the brilliant B. Sc. and M. Sc. courses in architecture, it also offers good job prospects because of liaisons with architecture firms. Students appreciate the fun and lively lifestyle at the university.
- Technical University of Munich: In addition to excellent educational facilities, the Technical University of Munich also provides a secure future thanks to its association with industrial partners.
– It has won prestigious awards in the field of Architecture such as:
– Deutscher Architekturpreis (German Prize for Architecture)
– Deutscher Städtebaupreis (German Urban Development Prize)
– European Architecture + Technology Award
– Mies-van-der-Rohe Prize (European Union Prize for Contemporary Architecture)
– Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Award
– You can follow up with the Bachelor of Arts (Architecture) program with the Master of Arts (Architecture) program.
- ABK Stuttgart: The Stuttgart State Academy of Art and Design is renowned for its exceptional academic excellence in both fine arts and applied arts. Despite having only 850 students, it is considered a university and not just an academy. You have three architecture courses to choose from. The Bachelor of Arts (Architecture) and Master of Arts (Architecture) are the undergraduate and graduate degree programs, respectively. You may pursue the Habilitation program if you intend to go into research or to become a university professor.
- Leibniz Hannover University: Leibniz Hannover University is one of the biggest and oldest Applied Sciences universities in Germany. It is also one of the fastest-growing universities, growing from 64 students to 22,000 students since it was established in 1831. It is the only university in North Germany that offers training and research in environmental planning and landscape architecture. The faculty motto suggests that an ideal architect knows a little bit of everything.
You can pursue the three-year B.Sc. in Architecture and the B.Sc. in Landscape Architecture & Environmental Planning. You have the option to go ahead with a Master’s degree in Architecture and Urban Design, Environmental Planning, or the European Master in Landscape Architecture (EMiLA) upon completing the B. Sc.
- RWTH Aachen: RWTH Aachen is the largest technical university in Germany – 42,000 students (10,000 of which are international students) study there. The architecture programs are highly sought because of the excellent quality of education. Getting admitted can be a challenging prospect because of the high competition. You can move on to either the M.Sc. in Architecture or M.Sc. in Urban Planning programs after completing the B. Sc. in Architecture course. All the architecture courses are taught in German.
- Bauhaus – Weimar University: Bauhaus-Weimar University focuses on creating not just architects, but well-rounded graduates ready to succeed in the competitive world.
The faculty organizes several architectural conferences like the International Bauhaus Colloquium. It has 30 international partners for student exchange that further its global image. So, the university generously contributes to and heartily welcomes global architectural knowledge. Students can undertake a three-year B.Sc. in Architecture or a B.Sc. in Urbanism, as well as an M.Sc. in each of these.
- Technical University Dortmund: TU Dortmund has been striving towards the progress of mankind ever since it was established in 1968. More than 3,200 international students from about 100 countries study at TU Dortmund. Professors from Germany and abroad teach courses here, further enhancing its global image. You can pursue a B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Architecture and Urban Design programs taught in German.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org