Graduating from a university that has an energetic and dynamic environment, is a dream of every student. And the University of California-Berkeley promises just that to every young aspirant. One of the oldest and popular colleges in the USA, the institute was set up in 1868 Oakland, before moving its campus to Berkeley in 1873.
Owing to the variety of academic programs under its kitty, UC Berkeley is recognized all around the world as the numero uno college for propelling your career forward. In this blog below, we will discuss some of the best courses that candidates can pursue in the highly acclaimed institute.
- Social Sciences: The social science department at the University of California is a top choice for candidates worldwide due to the wide number of acclaimed courses on human behavior. Social science studies offered by the college lay emphasis on how an individual thinks and also throws light on the emotional and social intelligence quotient of the people. All candidates who pursue the stream at UC have a chance to end up as a lawyer, criminal investigator, and legal administrative assistant in their future. And once you have entered the professional sphere of life, you can apply them and excel in your career path at ease.
- Engineering: As a prominent institute in the US and worldwide, the University of California offers a horde of programs for students. But the institute holds a rank in the engineering domain as well. There are many engineering programs that can be taught at both graduate and undergraduate levels. From Bioengineering, civil, environmental, industrial operations and research, mechanical, nuclear, and many more, the college houses some of the best faculties who with their knowledge and guidance shape up some of the finest engineering minds in the world.
- Economics: The Economics department at the University of Berkeley was founded way back in 1903. Since then the branch has garnered a strong reputation for producing the best Ph.D. graduates. The department is also well-known for its excellence in teaching, innovation, and research which has made it one of the leading departments in economics, econometrics, macroeconomics worldwide. All candidates who would like to give a nudge to their careers in this field can join the economics program at the UC and forge ahead in their career as policymakers.
- Business Administration and Management: For all those who want a career in business administration and management, the University of California is an apt choice. As the second-oldest university in the US, the institute has the Haas School of Business which produces the leading minds who embark on a future in the major corporates.
The school accepts over 2,000 students every year, and grants six-degree programs which the aspirants can choose accordingly. Also, the Business Administration Program focusses on the various parameters of the modern corporate world like entrepreneurship, HRM, self-employment, and business management, which prepares candidates for the upcoming future.
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences: If you are interested in building a career in Biological and Biomedical Sciences, then look no further. The University of California, Berkeley has 5 undergraduate degrees and 5 majors in the field. There are over 112 faculties and a variety of programs offered by the institute that helps candidates to carve their niche in this field easily.
- Mathematics: The University of California is one of the best places in the US for enrolling in the undergraduate and graduate programs in Mathematics. There are major programs within the department that impart degrees in math, physical science, industrial engineering, law, medical, and economics. All candidates who want to further their careers in teaching, finance, and business technology shall undertake the acclaimed programs offered by the university.
- English: The department of English at the University of California offers courses that center around literature, creative writing, and expository. From introducing students to the history of literature, critical theories, genres, along with cultural and multicultural studies, candidates also get a chance to acquaint themselves with the historical, geographical, and cultural impacts of English language and writing. With amazing teaching faculty and high-end programs, all candidates who enroll themselves in the college get a chance to acquire knowledge in various focus areas.