Fight against Fatigue, In this cut-throat competitive and complex world
Fatigue is about tiredness arising out of stress and burnout. When people work excessively beyond the capacity of their brain and body without giving adequate rest, they get fatigue. In this cut-throat competitive and complex world, people often fatigue a lot and fight against fatigue. The people who follow work-life balance to provide meaning to their lives keep fatigue at a bay.
Fatigue can be either acute or chronic. Acute fatigue is for short periods while chronic fatigue is for long periods. Acute fatigue is due to overdoing of tasks without giving adequate rest while chronic fatigue is due to the prolonged nature of mental and physical tasks without caring for body and brain. Acute fatigue can be handled easily while chronic fatigue can be handled by experts and professionals.
There are innumerable causes of fatigue. When people sit continuously for hours in front of the TV or computer screen, they develop fatigue. The other reasons include being a couch potato, maintaining bad posture, lack of physical activities, and undisciplined eating.
The adverse effects of fatigue include lack of concentration and focus on the tasks, sluggish thinking, inability to perform physical and mental tasks, mood swings, forgetfulness, poor communication and decision-making, confusion, and lethargy. Fatigue leads to loss of memory, inability to recall information, increased accidents, and reduced productivity and performance in the workplace. Other challenges include anxiety, depression, sleep disorders, weight loss, muscle weakness, and cardiac-related problems to name a few. Here are some tools and techniques to fight against fatigue.
- Improve your lifestyle and attitude toward life.
- Bond with your family because family gives you emotional strength, happiness, and joy.
- Ensure a steady flow of income to avoid financial difficulties.
- Boost your brain and body by taking a perfect breakfast.
- Avoid taking large meals. Instead, take meals often in little quantity.
- Exercise regularly.
- Lose excess weight. Ensure that you maintain weight as per your sex, age, and height.
- Drink moderately. Avoid excessive alcohol that depresses the central nervous system.
- Have sex regularly. Sex releases stress, boosts your immunity power and brings happiness and joy.
- Pursue hobbies to unlock your potential and creativity.
- Take breaks periodically to recharge yourself. Travel to unwind yourself.
- Don’t get addicted to technology especially social media. Use it judiciously.
- Emphasize physical interaction over virtual interaction.
- Join nonprofits to serve society. It keeps you away from fatigue apart from providing meaning to your life.
- Learn to be happy with what you have rather than worrying about others’ prosperity. Remember, another person’s pasture always looks greener. You don’t know the real challenges being encountered by others who appear to be prosperous and happy externally.
In a nutshell, eat the right food at regular intervals. Identify any food allergies to avoid them. Hydrate your body by drinking lots of water. Walk regularly to energize your body. Do meditation. Get some Omega-3. Sleep well to recharge yourself. Consult doctor, if you get fatigue frequently.
Emphasize Work-Life Balance
The drivers who drive for long distance often get fatigue leading to accidents. The manual workers who work for long hours often get fatigue leading to workplace challenges. The researchers who do intensive research often get fatigue. It is obvious that anything that is excessively done without giving adequate break results in fatigue. Workaholism is mostly a bane than a boon. Although it gives you temporary results, the long-term repercussions are disastrous. Hence, it is essential to balance personal, professional and social life to lead a meaningful life.
Conclusion: Fatigue is an outcome of doing tasks excessively without giving the needed break affecting both brain and body. Hence, stay away from stress by ensuring work-life balance. If fatigue is recurrent, address it earnestly and effectively by doing activities that bring happiness and joy. Your life is in your hands. You must know how to lead your life happily and successfully. To conclude, lead your life with happiness and joy by staying away from fatigue.
Have you read?
World’s Top Global Wealth Management And Advisory Firms.
Best Websites For CEOs And Senior Executives
World’s Most Powerful Women.
World’s Most Powerful People.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org