Apart from the usual destinations which are landlocked or in the coastal side, the global traveler with an interest in adventure can get greatest experience when they go to an island. Surrounded by pristine water body, with lots of fantastic landscapes to visit, island is a great place to rejuvenate the mind and the soul. USA has not only the best landscapes in the main continent but their islands are worth visiting as well. Here is the list of breathtaking island destinations in America:
- Nantucket, Massachusetts: Being the highly-flocked summer colony in this area, the coast of Cape Cod is a must-visit place out here. Go around the island on a bike or try a hand in surfing as well. Eat at Oran Mar which has some incredibly colorful dishes such as garlic-laced roasted Pocmo Meadow Oyster and Berkshire pork belly.
- Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts: This place offers the best New England Summer effect away from UK. With affluent locals, socialites , celebs and democratic big-wigs visiting the place annually, the island promises a beautiful memory. With high-end gastronomic options, rich history and scenic beauty throughout its six towns, the food options here are endless. Visit the Larsen’s Fish Market, and even the Martha’s Gourmet Cafe Bakery or Backdoor Donuts. Also get cozy at the Harbor View Hotel in the downtown Edgartown!
- Marco Island, Florida: Just a little away from world-famous Everglades and Naples and connected to the mainland by a series of bridges, it is the largest developed chunk of Florida’s Ten thousand islands. Luxury resorts, sun-washed beaches and a tropical climate which is so friendly for the global traveler, one can take a dip in the seashore even in chilling winters. Try the mile-long broadwalk at Collier Seminole State Park. For the sumptuous food, visit La Tavola which serves grilled Spanish Octopus, Andouille sausage,red peppers and lots more.
- Hilton Head Island, South Carolina: The low-country island is all about southern hospitality. The resort town is well-known for world-class golf courses, hit the sands at Coligny Beach, stop over at Harbor town where the breathtaking lighthouse can be seen, Also try the low-country inspired meal at Live Oak. Indulge in skillet bacon cornbread with pimento cheese, honey butter and jalapeno marmalade or try for a classic meal which includes shrimp and grits of southern fried chicken.
- Maui, Hawaii: Listed as the most beautiful island in America, Maui needs no introduction to the global traveler. Luxury resorts and plush guest homes provide all the watersports present in the world. Head west to Lahaina Grill which has amazing range of menu including Shanghai Spring Rolls, and Kona coffee roasted rack of lamb.
- Mackinac Island, Michigan: Time travel to a resort here to visit the local residents which gives a thrilling feel of 1900s America. Monumental historic hotels, main street brimming with artist markets and general stores is a must-visit for sure. For the nightlife lovers, head to Coppola Bar at the top of Grand Hotel for great live music and drinks.
Most Expensive Countries In The World To Live In.
Countries With The Highest Average Life Expectancies.
The Top 100 Best-Performing Companies In The World.
The World’s Safest Cities Ranking.
Best Cities In The World For Shopping.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org