Out of all the continents in the world, Europe has the most versatile and diverse places which are of high historical importance. Every country in Europe has a story to tell , in terms of streets and monuments. Because of this reason, Europe has the highest number of global tourists annually. The continent is surely on the front run to give a memorable experience for the traveler who loves history and visual beauty. Here is the list of the greatest monuments to visit in Europe:
- Eiffel Tower, Paris, France: This marvel attracts seven million tourists every year making it the most-visited paid monument globally. It was completed in March 31, 1889 and it was the world’s tallest structure for nearly 41 years. It is Eiffel Tower which makes Paris the most romantic city ever. While the monument looks elegant in the morning sunlight, the breathtaking night view of the tower with lights is another must-watch vision.
- Colosseum, Rome, Italy: Being Rome’s most iconic landmark, Colosseum is half circus, half sports arena. Now, the monument has opened the underfloor passageways to visitors where the gladiators and wild beasts roamed once upon a time. One can experience the glory of valiant fighters, when stepped in this majestic monument.
- The Louvre Museum, Paris, France: The spectacular Louvre Pyramid in front of Louvre attract global tourists consistently- despite being a historic spot, this pyramid brings a contemporary edge to the place. Primarily associated by the world-famous Leonardo Da Vinci’s mural The Mona Lisa, Louvre museum has over 35,000 paintings and sculptures from seventh century B.C to mid 19th century. For the historic traveler, it takes three days to completely experience Louvre Museum.
- The Sistine Chapel, Vatican City: Known for Michelangelo’s frescos, Sistine Chapel is also known for painters works such as Botticelli. The two walls on either side of chapel which has the story of Moses on one side and the other side the story of the Christ. It is undoubtedly the home for is the greatest frescoes in the world.
- Leaning Tower of Pisa, Italy: The building was made on a plundered root on a marshy subsoil with glaring engineering mistakes. The tower has a tilt upto 10 degrees in various directions over the years. It is quite a miracle that the building still stands intact making it the greatest monument in Europe.
- Acropolis and Pantheon, Athens, Greece: Being the UNESCO world heritage site, these two are the symbols of the classical spirit and golden civilization of Greece. Pantheon is the most magnificent among the various places in Greece. The unique architecture has inspired many universities, public buildings, palaces, parliaments and libraries in the western world.
- Mosque-Cathedral of Cordoba, Spain: The religions meet halfway in this monument. This fantastic monument symbolizes many religious changes which Spain has undergone all these years. The church was divided into Christian and Muslim halves when the Muslims conquered Spain in 711. It still stands like a phoenix with columns of jasper, onyx, marble, and granite taken from the Roman empire and other destroyed Roman buildings in Spain.
Have you read?
The World’s Largest Wine Exporting Countries By Value.
World’s Top 10 Biggest Military Spenders In 100 Years (From 1914 to 2018).
The World’s Best Cities For Food Lovers.
The Most Heavily Surveilled Cities In The World.
The World’s 100 Most Popular UNESCO World Heritage Sites On Instagram.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com