With an estimated net worth of $16.9 billion, Dhanin Chearavanont is the wealthiest person in Thailand, that’s according to CEOWORLD magazine’s Thailand Rich List Index For 2019. Dhanin Chearavanont is the senior chairman of Charoen Pokphand (CP) Group, one of the world’s largest producer of animal feed and livestock. The number two spot for Thailand was occupied by Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi of Thai Beverage with a net worth of $3.5 billion. The self-made billionaire runs Thailand’s largest brewer, Thai Beverage, known for its Chang beer.
According to the financial publication’s annual listing, 2019 saw the total wealth of the top ten richest people in Thailand hits a new record high of $70.9 billion. Energy tycoon Sarath Ratanavadi, is the third richest person in the country; his net worth stands at $9 billion.
To identify the wealthiest people in Thailand, CEOWORLD magazine reviewed numerous national and international media reports. Additional information about the billionaires came from Forbes global index, Bloomberg Billionaires Index, CEOWORLD magazine’s rich list index, Hurun rich list, and all estimated net worth figures are in U.S. dollars.
The Thailand Rich list was compiled using shareholding and financial information obtained from the media reports and individuals, analysts, stock exchanges, and regulatory agencies. This list encompasses family fortunes, including those shared among extended families of multiple generations. The minimum to make the list was $1.1 billion.
- Dhanin Chearavanont: $16.9 billion
- Charoen Sirivadhanabhakdi: $16.6 billion
- Sarath Ratanavadi: $9 billion
- Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha: $5 billion
- Sumet Jiaravanon: $4.6 billion
- Jaran Chiaravanont: $4.5 billion
- Montri Jiaravanont: $4.4 billion
- Harald Link: $3.5 billion
- Prasert Prasarttong-Osoth: $3.3 billion
- Chuchat Petaumpai & Daonapa Petampai: $3.1 billion
- Vanich Chaiyawan: $3 billion
- Krit Ratanarak: $2.6 billion
- Keeree Kanjanapas: $2.6 billion
- Prachak Tangkaravakoon: $2.4 billion
- Somphote Ahunai: $2.3 billion
- Kiat Chiaravanont: $2 billion
- Prayudh Mahagitsiri: $1.9 billion
- Wichai Thongtang: $1.9 billion
- William Heinecke: $1.9 billion
- Thaksin Shinawatra: $1.9 billion
- Niti Osathanugrah: $1.8 billion
- Chatchai Kaewbootta: $1.4 billion
- Phongthep Chiaravanont: $1.3 billion
- Yupa Chiaravanond: $1.3 billion
- Prathip Chiravanond: $1.3 billion
- Manas Chiaravanond: $1.2 billion
- Sathien Setthasit: $1.2 billion
- Thongma Vijitpongpun: $1.2 billion
- Rit Thirakomen: $1.2 billion
- Surin Upatkoon: $1.1 billion
- Anant Asavabhokin: $1.1 billion
Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha and Sumet Jiaravanon rounded up the top five wealthiest people in Thailand with $5 billion and $4.6 billion, respectively. Jaran Chiaravanont holds the 6th spot with a whopping net worth of $4.5 billion. Jaran Chiaravanont is the eldest of four brothers behind Thai conglomerate Charoen Pokphand Group.
Have you read?