USA is one nation which is known for breathtaking landscape, versatility in the places, and rich history. It is also the well-functioning nations which provide fantastic facilities for the global traveler. Every state in the USA has its own individuality in terms of experience and what it gives to the wanderlust. It is also well connected via road, air, and waterways but trains bring out the best of the nation with amazing routes to go around. Here is the list of greatest train journeys in the USA for the Global Traveler:
- Amtrak’s Coast Starlight: Travelers from all over the world arrive here to get the best train experience of their lifetime. The route starts from Seattle, crosses over Portland and the final destination is Los Angeles. It takes you through lush waterfalls, amazing forests, and snowy cascade mountains as well.
- Amtrak’s Empire Builder: Starting from America’s art hub Chicago to the Pacific northwest area of USA, Empire Builder is the best way to experience the diversity of the United States. You can cross the historic Mississippi River, dwelling into Montana’s big country and pass Glacier National Park during the journey. There are plenty of 20minute stops during the train travel which can allow the traveler to explore more.
- Amtrak’s California Zephyr: Follow the path where the 19th-century fortune seekers went by with the help of this first transcontinental railway line. The journey on this amazing train takes you to the historic Gold Rush days when many people flocked to San Francisco in the search of pristine gold. The rocky mountain tunnels take you across the continental divide along with the steep cliffs of Glenwood Canyon on the Colorado River. The journey ends on a great note by visiting The Golden Bridge of San Francisco.
- Amtrak’s Southwest Chief: The first all-Pullman sleeping car train on this very route- making it a historic train journey. It takes the popular Chicago- San Francisco route and also has the option to take a sleeper seat. The most iconic sights of America including the Santa Fe Trail, Sedona’s red cliffs, pueblos and missions, the grand canyon and the continental divide in the rocky mountains. Watch the farmers working in the wheat fields to even get an additional touch of country life in the USA.
- Grand Canyon Railway: This majestic railway line opened back in 1901 when a number of passengers enjoyed the journey. One can still side the Grand Canyon Railway’s historic cars pulled along by the French Fry Express- which is a 1923 converted locomotive and runs on recycled vegetable oil from South Rim restaurants. ON the route to the Canyon, one can also experience pine forests, and amazing prairies with ample chances to spot antelope, the California Condor and wild horses.
- Durango and Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: This historic railway line was built during the silver mining boom so that it can hang on to steeper curves and witness more mountainside. The thrill ride along the Animas River is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Have you read?
The Most Heavily Surveilled Cities In The World.
The World’s Best Cities For Food Lovers.
World’s Top 10 Biggest Military Spenders In 100 Years (From 1914 to 2018).
The World’s Largest Wine Exporting Countries By Value.
The Top 30 Largest Foreign Holders of U.S. Treasury Debt.
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.