While you may have gone up by a few dollars when splurging on footwear, there is an exotic variety of shoes in the world, which are touted to be the most expensive ones to be ever made. Shoes encrusted in stones and designed with luxury are not a new thing to hear. While some of the most expensive shoes ever crafted in the world have been considered too wealthy even to be worn, let us catch up with some of the heftiest ones which have been worn to date.
- The Passion diamond stilettos ($17 million): Made with real gold and encrusted with a diamond stone, this is the most expensive shoe that has been made in the world ever. Crafted by a Dubai based brand, Jada Dubai, these pumps are built with over a hundred diamonds which makes it an equivalent of 23, 448 pairs of a genuine Christian Louboutin pump. It is claimed that every diamond on these pumps is a 15 carat stone with a D flawless finish. You could be a lucky buyer of these shows for only $17 million.
- Debbie Wingham Heels ($15.1 million): Shy of only $2 million than the most expensive shoes in the world, this pair is designed by Debbie Wingham, who is a British designer. The shoe is designed such that it resembles a cake and is crafted with rare pink diamonds and blue diamonds. Several other diamonds find a setting on a frame of platinum. With gold soles, zippers, and stitching, the shoe gives off a rose gold hue.
- Harry Winston Ruby slippers ($3.01 million): Designed on the special anniversary occasion of the 50th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz, this pair of shoes is built with 1350 carats of rubies, and 50 carats of diamonds which puts its value at $3.01 million.
- Jason of Beverly hills X Tom Ford ($2 million): Nick Cannon wore this $2 million worth of shoe in the season finale of America’s got talent. These custom made shoes feature over 14000 round and full-cut diamonds on the shoe alone. This puts the weight of the stones at 340 carats. It is claimed that the shoes took well over 2000 hours of labor time to complete.
- Stuart Weitzman Tanzanite Heel ($2 million): Places at $2 million, this pair of sandals is here to create envy. Designed on a base of silver, the shoe features straps along with 185 karats of tanzanite and diamonds. The shoe also features a 4.5-inch heel which is built with 595 carats of diamond, sourced from Kwiat and set on a base of platinum.
- Stuart Weitzman Marilyn Monroe shoe ($2 million): Having become a famous designer for shoes for red carpet events, you will find several other creations by the designer, which are worthy enough to be included on this list. Although the shoes weren’t worn by the legendary actress herself, the inspiration behind these has been credit in her favor. You will find a cluster of diamonds at the center of the shoe, extracted from earrings that once belonged to the actress.
- The diamond shoe by Kathryn Wilson ($418,000): A designer based in New Zealand has designed this shoe. This pair features diamonds worth 21.8 carats. This designer claims that it took a lot of her effort to create this pair. These were sold at $418,000 approximately.
- Michael Jordan’s Air Jordan 12 Flu Game ($104,765): With a tag of $1,04,765, these shoes manage to make it to the list of top most expensive shoes in the world. The shoe mainly draws its value from the fact that it were worn by the sports star in the NBA playoffs. Later, these shoes were auctioned.
Most expensive wardrobe in the world.
Just how much can one spend on clothes and accessories?
- Most expensive T-shirt: The Superlative Luxury shirt ($555,000), containing 16 diamonds sewn in and released in London in 2012.
- Most expensive handbag: Mouawad 1001 Nights Diamond Purse ($5.3 million).
- Most expensive pair of jeans: Escada’s Couture Swarovski Crystal Jeans ($13,000), available at US department store Neiman Marcus.
- Most expensive dress: The Diamond Wedding Gown ($16.7 million), created by Beverly Hills dressmaker Renee Strauss and jeweler Martin Katz for a bridal show in 2006.
Have you read?