For the fifth consecutive time, Chicago has been named the most rat-infested city in the United States, according to Orkin’s study, while Los Angeles and New York placed 2nd and 3rd, respectively.
Los Angeles, New York City, Washington D.C., and San Francisco rounded out the top five.
We are talking about Norwegian rats, also known as brown rats, common rats, Parisian rats, sewer rats, street rats, and/or water rats.
New to the top ten most rat-infested cities this year are Minneapolis and Atlanta, holding the 8th and 10th spots, respectively.
The 50 Most Rat-Infested Cities In the United States.
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Washington, DC (Hagerstown)
- San Francisco-Oakland-San Jose
- Cleveland-Akron (Canton)
- Minneapolis-St. Paul
- Boston (Manchester)
- Dallas-Ft. Worth
- Miami-Ft. Lauderdale
- Columbus, OH
- Portland, OR
- Raleigh-Durham (Fayetteville)
- Hartford & New Haven
- Norfolk-Portsmouth-Newport News
- New Orleans
- Grand Rapids-Kalmazoo-Battle Creek
- St. Louis
- San Diego
- Champaign & Springfield-Decatur
- Kansas City
- Phoenix (Prescott)
- Orlando-Daytona Beach-Melborne
- Tampa-St. Pete (Sarasota)
- Ft. Wayne
- Flint-Saginaw-Bay City
Have you read?