Out of all sort of sports which we have for a profession as well as passion, water sports are quite enjoyable and offer a refreshing fervor. The tremendous rejuvenation water sports offer is something quite difficult to explain in words. Though Fishing is not exactly a water sport, the time spent near a water body and seek interesting catch is a great activity for sure. Australia is one destination which has rich versatility in terms of landscapes and water bodies as well. Here we bring you the excellent fishing destinations list in Australia which would make your next trip utmost fun and frolic!
- Cairns, Queensland: For all those fishing enthusiasts who dream of catching Black Marlin or any of the pacific gamefish species, this is the right place for it. Cairns, in particular, is regarded as the Black Marlin capital of the world and the happening season is from September – December for the best catch. Alongside the great barrier reef, Cairns is surely a fisherman’s paradise.
- The Top End, The Northern Territory: This fantastic place is known for its fantastic barramundi fishing and the best season begins from October and lasts till December. So, in order to beat the winter blues of the Western countries, The Top End is an ideal escape route for a fantastic hideout. Some of the fishing spots to look for here are Daly River, Mary River at Shady Camp, and the Adelaide River. The world heritage listed Kakadu National Park is also situated here with spots like The South and East Alligator River to look for.
- Cape York, Queensland: Cape York is not for the faint-hearted fishing enthusiasts because it is full of challenges and adventures. In the wet season, the roads are almost blocked and the thrill-seekers can take the rugged paths to reach here. The top catches here include Barramundi, cobia, mangrove jack, trevally, queenfish, mackerel, king salmon and cod. An additional perk here is to get access to the most pristine beaches in the world.
- Exmouth, Western Australia: Located near the border of world-heritage Ningaloo Reef, this destination has the most exciting fishing opportunities. Look out for a versatile fishing group including striped marlin, broadbill swordfish, short bill spearfish, sailfish and so on. Fly fishing, bait fishing and trolling- almost everything is possible in this belt!
- Central Highlands, Tasmania: Adorned with almost 3000 lakes, this is one of the top spots for trout fishing in Australia. The wild brown trout and rainbow trout are a challenge to catch, and this brings an immense thrill to the fishing sport here. The great lake is another must-visit fishing spot. The prime-time for fishing here is through mid-fall season and Tasmania also offers excellent ocean fishing near the east coast towns such as St.Helens.
- Hervey Bay, Queensland: Located at 300 kilometers north of Queensland, Hervey Bay is famous for fishing in crystal clear subtropical waters and versatile species of game fish. Its neighboring island is Fraser island which has the world’s largest sands with protein-rich waters- being a home for many interesting fish catches.
Have you read?
Add CEOWORLD magazine to your Google News feed.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com