# Sir George Iacobescu is stepping down as chief executive of the Canary Wharf Group. Sir George Iacobescu CBE, 73, a business veteran who fled communist Romania in 1975, is both chairman and CEO of Canary Wharf Group, the owners and developers of the Canary Wharf estate in London Docklands. He will become executive chairman this year. Sir George Iacobescu (born on 9 November 1945) is one of the most successful Romanian born business leaders in the world. He studied Civil and Industrial engineering at Bucharest University.
# Shobi Khan, most recently president and COO of General Growth Properties Inc, will take over as chief executive of the Canary Wharf Group in October 2019. Prior to joining General Growth Properties as a chief operating officer in 2011, Khan served as U.S. chief investment officer at Bentall Kennedy and as senior vice president of investments at Equity Office Properties Trust. He holds a Bachelor’s degree from the University of California at Berkeley and an MBA degree from the University of Southern California.
# Adam Neumann, Co-founder, and CEO of WeWork of the We Company, better known as WeWork, is gearing up for an initial public offering as soon as this week. Backed by SoftBank, the coworking-space company was last valued at $47 billion.
Previously, Adam Neumann was Co-founder of the co-working space Green Desk, which helped transform the DUMBO neighborhood in Brooklyn into a hub for small, creative companies. The 40-year-old Israeli-born Adam Neumann (born: April 25, 1979) is worth an estimated $4.1 billion.
# Forbes Global CEO Conference: Forbes Media today announced that it will hold its 19th annual Forbes Global CEO Conference in Singapore from October 15 to 16, 2019. Now in its 19th year, the prestigious conference is an annual gathering for some 400 influential global business and thought leaders to discuss and debate key issues of global concern and to build new partnerships.
This year’s theme: Transcending the Turbulence; speakers who have confirmed their attendance include:
- Lee Hsien Loong, Prime Minister, Singapore.
- Jack Ma, Executive Chairman of Alibaba Group.
- Steve Forbes, Chairman, and Editor-in-Chief of Forbes Media.
- Mark E Tucker, Group Chairman of HSBC Holdings plc.
- Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw, Chairperson and Managing Director of Biocon Ltd.
- Peter Moore, Chief Executive Officer of Liverpool FC.
- Marjorie Yang, Chairman of Esquel Group.
- Adrian Cheng, Executive Vice Chairman of New World Development and Founder of K11.
- Miwako Date, President, and CEO of Mori Trust Co., Ltd.
- Enrique K. Razon Jr., Chairman and President of International Container Terminal Services, Inc.
- Roshni Nadar Malhotra, Executive Director and CEO of HCL Corporation
- H. Roger Wang, Chairman, and CEO of Golden Eagle International Group
- Rick J. Caruso, Founder, and CEO of Caruso
- Chairul Tanjung, Chairman of CT Corp
- Mike Flewitt, Chief Executive Officer of McLaren Automotive
- JP Gan, Managing Partner at Qiming Venture Partners
- George Osborne, Senior Adviser at BlackRock Investment Institute
- Forrest Li, Chairman and Group CEO of Sea
- Jane Jie Sun, Chief Executive Officer of Ctrip.com International Ltd
- William E. Heinecke, Founder and Chairman of Minor International
- Kuldip Singh Dhingra, Chairman of Berger Paints India Group.
Executive Insider is a daily roundup for CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, senior management executives, business leaders, high net worth individuals worldwide, and more. CEOWORLD magazine reviews news, analyst reports, insights, and facts each day of the week across 500 industries, 1,200 CEOs across 96 countries.
More must-read stories:
# Ten Steps in Successful Recruitment by Kara Atkinson.
# Revealed: The 20 Most Admired Men And Women In The World, 2019.
# Best Cars For Business Women In 2019.
# Ranked: Most Unsustainable Housing Markets In The World, 2019.