With a turnover amounting to approximately $8.69 billion, Dufry was the world’s best-selling travel retailer in 2018, according to CEOWORLD magazine report. Despite a challenging year, Lotte Duty-Free ($6.9 billion) retains its number 2 status in the rankings, followed by The Shilla Duty-Free ($6.2 billion), China Duty-Free Group ($6.1 billion), and Lagardère Travel Retail ($4.7 billion).
With Gebr Heinemann ($4.6 billion), DFS Group ($3.6 billion), King Power International Group Thailand ($2.75 billion), Sinsegae Duty-Free ($2.69 billion), and Dubai Duty-Free ($1.99 billion) rounding out the top ten.
To identify the world’s top 25 best-selling travel retailer in 2018, based on turnover, CEOWORLD magazine reviewed numerous national and international media reports. Additional information about the skyscrapers came from Moodie Davitt. The following list showcases the world’s top 25 best-selling travel retailer in 2018.
- Dufry: $8.69 billion
- Lotte Duty-Free: $6.9 billion
- The Shilla Duty-Free:: $6.2 billion
- China Duty-Free Group: $6.1 billion
- Lagardère Travel Retail: $4.7 billion
- Gebr Heinemann: $4.6 billion
- DFS Group: $3.6 billion
- King Power International Group (Thailand): $2.75 billion
- Sinsegae Duty-Free: $2.69 billion
- Dubai Duty-Free: $1.99 billion
- Ever Rich Duty-Free: $1.95 billion
- Duty-Free Americas: $1.83 billion
- Aer Rianta International: $1.24 billion
- JATCO: $1.21 billion
- Starboard Cruise Services: $860.94 million
- WHSmith: $842.71 million
- Doota Duty-Free: $759 million
- NAA Retailing: $746.56 million
- Flemingo International: $740 million
- 3Sixty Duty-Free: $685.48 million
- Sky Connection: $630 million
- Qatar Duty-Free: $565.58 million
- JR/Duty-Free: $480.74 million
- Tallink Group: $444.54 million
- King Power Group (Hong Kong: $34.36 million
Have you read?