If you think agriculture and environment is all about farming, then you need to think about it once again. There are hundreds of careers other than farming in the agriculture field, like, food science, purchasing, horticulture, landscaping, etc.
This proves that there is a wide scope in this field. If you too are looking for this option to pursue in the United States, then following are the top colleges for agriculture:
- Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics at University of California, Berkeley: This public research university in Berkeley, California serves as the imperative institution of the ten research universities affiliated with the University of California system and has been consistently cited as one of the six most prestigious universities in the world by Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings. As of now, Berkeley maintains a close relationship with the prestigious laboratories of the nation. Its faculty members have bagged away various medals, prizes, and awards. Berkeley is engaged in a pretty good level of research activity and its 32 libraries together make up the fourth-largest academic library in the United States. The University of California – Berkeley is ranked 12th in the world in the 2019 CEOWORLD magazine’s best universities in the world ranking.
- School of Earth, Energy & Environmental Sciences at Stanford University: Standard University is yet another private institution known for various reasons, like academics, wealth, location, admission criteria, etc. It is a non-profit university that is operated as a corporate trust governed by a privately appointed board of trustees with a maximum membership of 38. It is the most selective school in the country with an admission rate of 4.4 %. To get into the University, you are required to be exceptionally well. Stanford University generally requires applicants to be in the top 3 percent of SAT test-takers. It also does incredibly well in athletics as well. It has been a record since years that its athletes win medals in every Olympic games. In the CEOWORLD magazine’s best universities in the world rankings 2019, Stanford University program has a global ranking of 2 (out of 500) institutions.
- Center for the Environment at Harvard University: Harvard University is the nation’s oldest institution of higher learning. Its glorious history, influence, and immense wealth have made it one of the most eminent universities in the world. Harvard is a large, highly residential research university with 11 separate academic units. For getting the admission, the applicants may provide self-reported SAT and ACT scores (including Subject Tests, Advanced Placement, etc.). Admitted students who decide to enroll at Harvard College will be required to submit official test scores. The university has a 5% acceptance rate dragging it to the top position in Massachusetts for the lowest rate of acceptance. The 2019 CEOWORLD magazine’s best universities ranking placed Harvard University as the #4 best in the World.
- The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences at Cornell University: Cornell is a highly rated privately endowed research university in partnership with the State University of New York in Ithaca, New York. Cornell’s College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) is unfailingly ranked as the top college of agriculture and related sciences in the country. CALS offers research-based advanced degrees in more than 30 fields of study for graduate education. CALS offers more than 20 majors, each with a focus on Life Sciences, Applied Social Sciences, Environmental Sciences and Agriculture and Food. Generally, Cornell University requires the applicants to submit either the SAT or all ACT scores. For the SAT, Cornell contemplates the highest section scores across test dates, and for the ACT, Cornell considers the highest composite score across all ACT dates. But for the Agriculture and Life Sciences, SAT Subject Tests are not required. Cornell University was ranked #15 in the CEOWORLD magazine’s best universities in the world ranking 2019.
- Nicholas School of the Environment at Duke University: Spread over more than 8500 acres of land in Durham, the university operates two parallel schools in Asia, Duke-NUS Medical School in Singapore and Duke Kunshan University in Kunshan, China. As of 2019, Duke holds a position in the top 10 chart in most of the national rankings and has been named as the top college for graduate outcomes for several years in a row. The University grants various kinds of scholarships; about 50 percent of all the Duke students receive some form of financial aid. Apart from the regular major and minor exams, twenty-four certificate programs are also available. Students shall score above 29 on the American College Test as a potential Arts & Sciences student, and above 32 as a potential engineering student. Whereas on the Scholastic Aptitude Test, students typically score at least 680 on the verbal section, 690 on the math section and 660 on the writing section to become an eligible applicant. Duke University was considered the 18th best university by the CEOWORLD magazine Ranking 2019.
Have you read?