Fashion models are very important in the fashion industry, though we give them very less credit. You can go around asking people their opinion about modelling and will know how much they do not know about it or how wrongly or inaccurately they think about it. Because people tend to believe in everything they hear or see, they give way to myths which only undermine all the hard work these models put in.
The aforementioned discussion should have given you a fair idea of what I am going to talk about in this article. Evidently, it is about modelling. To be more specific, it is about the myths prevalent regarding fashion modelling. These myths are 5 in number, though there may be more than that.
All I have done is to collect the most commonly held ones—and I ask you to STOP believing in them.
- Models Swim In A Pool of Money
If you are basing your argument on what you hear of models such as Gigi Hadid and Kylie Jenner, then you need to stop right there. You do not wake up one day as a model and earn millions. That does not happen, even in the most fantastical world of modelling.Your start as a model is very modest and you do not take home a lot of moey. Unlike supermodels whose income becomes your assessment tool, models often have to suffer a lot of hardship to earn sufficiently. Since the competition is stiff, models have to compete for everything—ramp walk, agency affiliation, and whatnot. If a model has secured a place as a person of high income, she/he must have worked very hard to attain that status.
- All They Do Is Walk Fancy fashion
I have heard many people say “Oh! Their job is to just walk in those fancy clothes” or “Modelling? It is just make-up and walk!”
Sadly, these people are so disassociated with the reality that I do not even try helping them out. Those who are sane and are willing to understand, this one’s for you. Modelling is not easy. The whole idea is to give visual and human representation to fashion: how it will look on you, what the clothes, etc represent and others.
If you have noticed, models have to pay attention to their diet, gait, composure, dressing sense and everything else which make clothes look appealing. Many do not find anything peculiar about a model’s walk, but try it for yourself once—it is damn tough!
- Models Can Never Be Friends
I am not sure why this is something which only concerns models. We are humans first, and humans often ruin great friendships. This is not just about models, okay?
I can guess why this myth has emerged so strong. Models are part of the fashion industry which is regularly covered by media. Anything which happens in there is reported and highlighted in the most sensational manner ever. This is, especially, the case when it is about successful models. A simple personal feud gets unreasonably labelled as the “scandal of the year”.
- Models Have Poor health
I will not deny the fact that many models tend to shun eating and develop all kinds of eating disorders to stay fit. The modelling industry has many standards to keep up with, and in desperation, many models tend to engage in extreme eating habits.
This being said, not every model does that. If you look up online, you would come across many models, including the world-famous ones, who have a very healthy regime. They are just thin, and they maintain their body type through intensive workouts and low-carb diet—and this really does not require poor eating habits.
- Models Get To Keep Clothes
Alright, so this is strange when people tell me that they think that models get to keep clothes they wear on ramp. No, they don’t. Those clothes belong to the fashion designer who hired models to have them showcased. Just because they get to wear it on ramp does not mean they get to own it.
Richest Models in the World 2019
- Slavica Ecclestone (Net Worth: $1.2 Billion)
- Petra Ecclestone (Net Worth: $500 million)
- Kathy Ireland (Net Worth: $360 Million)
- Gisele Bundchen (Net Worth: $360 Million)
- Kim Kardashian (Net Worth: $350 Million)
- Rande Gerber (Net Worth: $350 million)
- Kylie Jenner (Net Worth: $300 Million)
- Paris Hilton (Net Worth: $300 Million)
- Tamara Ecclestone (Net Worth: $300 Million)
- Irina Abramovich (Net Worth: $232 Million)
- Jane Holzer (Net Worth: $200 Million)
- Juanita Jordan (Net Worth: $170 Million)
- Sofia Vergara (Net Worth: $100 Million)
- Cindy Crawford (Net Worth: $100 Million)
- Iman – Zara Mohamed Abdulmajid (Net Worth: $100 Million)
- Lydia Hearst-Shaw (Net Worth: $100 Million)
- Sabrina Guinness (Net Worth: $100 Million)
- Sale Johnson (Net Worth: $100 Million)
- Elle Macpherson Net Worth: $95 Million)
- Heidi Klum (Net Worth: $90 million)
- Tyra Banks (Net Worth: $90 million)
- Adriana Lima (Net Worth: $85 million)
- Kate Moss (Net Worth: $80 million)
- Christie Brinkley (Net Worth: $80 million)
- Naomi Campbell (Net Worth: $60 million)
- Alessandra Ambrosio (Net Worth: $60 million)
- Kendall Jenner (Net Worth: $40 million)
- Doutzen Kroes (Net Worth: $32 million)
- Karlie Kloss (Net Worth: $30 million)
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (Net Worth: $30 million)
- Christy Turlington (Net Worth: $30 million)
- Gigi Hadid (Net Worth: $29 million)
- Cara Delevingne (Net Worth: $28 million)
- Bella Hadid (Net Worth: $255 million)
- Joan Smalls (Net Worth: $26 million)
- Chrissy Teigen (Net Worth: $26 million)
- Linda Evangelista (Net Worth: $25 million
*To identify the world’s wealthiest models, based on their individual net worth, CEOWORLD magazine reviewed numerous national and international media reports.
Have you read?
# The 100 Most Influential People In History.
# Top CEOs And Business Leaders On Twitter: You Should Be Following.
# Must Read Books Recommended By Billionaires.
# The World’s Top 20 Most Charitable Billionaires.