Interestingly, with a total compensation package of $513.28 million, Tesla’s Elon Musk was the highest-paid CEO, that’s according to a Bloomberg report, while Tilray CEO Brendan Kennedy ($256 million) and Walt Disney’s Bob Iger ($146.62 million) placed 2nd and 3rd, respectively.
The report placed Apple’s Tim Cook ($141.66 million) in 4th ahead of Nikesh Arora ($130.73 million) into 5th; while David Zaslav ($122 million) ranked 6th and James Heppelmann ($71.49 million) 7th.
What’s most surprising, Tim Cook was the highest-ranked CEO on the list of the most influential chief executives in the world for 2019. For example, as of July 26, 2019, Tesla had a market capitalization of $40.45 billion, while Apple, the heavyweight on the list, had a market capitalization of $952 billion. Some investors have been vocal against high CEO compensation – Warren Buffett has been against high salaries for chief executive.
Overall, among the top ten highest-paid CEOs, the 8th, 9th, and 10th positions are held by Stephen Schwarzman ($69.14 million), Tony James ($66.24 million), and Stephen Angel ($66.19 million).
America’s Top 10 CEOs And Executives With The Highest Salaries In 2018
- Elon Musk, CEO at Tesla Inc.
Compensation package: $513,278,929
- Brendan Kennedy, CEO/President at Tilray Inc.
Compensation package: $256,006,946
- Bob Iger, CEO/Chairman at Walt Disney Co.
Compensation package: $146,616,652
- Tim Cook, CEO at Apple Inc. (9)
Compensation package: $141,657,076
- Nikesh Arora, CEO/Chairman at Palo Alto Networks Inc.
Compensation package: $130,730,811
- David Zaslav, CEO/President at Discovery Inc.
Compensation package: $122,085,568
- James Heppelmann, CEO/President at PTC Inc.
Compensation package: $71,494,560
- Stephen Schwarzman, CEO/Chairman at Blackstone Group LP
Compensation package: $69,147,028
- Tony James, Executive Vice Chairman at Blackstone Group LP
Compensation package: $66,243,569
- Stephen Angel, CEO at Linde PLC
Compensation package: $66,190,743
Highest Paid Women CEOs and Executives in 2018
1. Safra Catz, Co-CEO at Oracle Corp.
Compensation package: $40,466,970
2. Angela Ahrendts, Former Senior VP at Apple Inc.
Compensation package: $33,972,569
3. Katherine Adams, Senior VP at Apple Inc.
Compensation package: $31,052,633
4. Laura Alber, CEO/President at Williams-Sonoma Inc.
Compensation package: $29,334,040
Have you read?
# Best Countries For Business In Europe For Non-European Investors, 2019 .
# World’s Top 100 Cities To Reside In For 2019.
# The World’s Best Airlines For Business Travel In 2017.
# Best Websites For CEOs, Senior Executives, And entrepreneurs.