The fashion industry is a glamorous one with a lavish lifestyle that everyone seeks to have. All though there is a lot of competition in this industry, it provides a lot of avenues for you to try out your skill and imaginative mind to bring out the artist in you.
This huge industry gives you numerous job options to choose from, so we have curated a list of top 5 careers to pursue in fashion industry, which is as follows:
- Fashion Designer: It is one of the most high-profile jobs in this industry. Fashion designers are the creative minds behind the entire fashion house. They assist in the production of clothes and creating new trends in the market. They handle all the work from selecting the fabric and designing the product to its presentation stage. Their job is to sketch the collection and manage the project till its final stage. For being a fashion designer, you need to have a good eye for details, colour combinations, and pattern. It is also important to have good communications skills as a major part of a fashion designer’s job is to interact with manufacturers and other colleagues.
- Fashion Photographer: Fashion photography is essential for the fashion industry because good photography creates the market for fashion products. Fashion photographer is a professional who takes pictures of models, which are eventually used for web sites, magazines, print ads, and fashion houses. They make the photo shoots personalised, according to the product to be sold, to highlight the features of clothing, accessories, and apparels worn by the models and make them look appealing to the eyes of the purchaser. They may work for fashion publications or journals. Fashion photographers may work as a freelancer, part-timer, or full-timer. They may be employed by a designer, fashion house, fashion publication, advertising agency, or even beauty publication.
- Fashion Model or Fashion Influencer: Models are the ones who make the product sell in the market. They present the features of the product, making it more attractive to the customer. They are the face of the product and promote the product as well as the brand. The customers tend to associate themselves to the product through the model. It is very important for the model to express themselves in a way that’s desired. It is also important for a model to research on the product she is selling, to reflect it in a way that grabs attention. They might also walk in a runway fashion show to promote a designer’s clothing. Their jobs vary from indoor studios to fashion shows
It is one of the most popular jobs currently. A fashion influencer is a person who has a large number of followers on social media and is able to influence the opinion and behaviour of others with their recommendations.
- Fashion Researcher: A market researcher’s job is to analyse the fashion market to get a sense of what types of clothing, shoes, and accessories are currently in demand, what the target market is, and what the price should be. They need strong analytical skills and have to read and understand large amounts of data and then convey their findings to retailers, manufacturers, and designers. They understand the trend of the market and make suggestions as to what would be most profitable for the producer.
- Fashion graphic designer: If you love designing graphics and editing images, fashion industry has a job for you! Most new brands require digital logos for marketing and brand representation. Older, and newer, brands almost always need someone to create new creative designs for them. A graphic designer is responsible for the visual styling of a particular product which helps the customer to identify with the product. A graphic designer generally works on different marketing materials, seasonal look books, and touching up editorial shots.
- Fashion Writer and Editor: Driven by the editorial values of authenticity, inclusivity, positivity, and empowerment – create dynamic content that resonates with readers. Day-to-day responsibilities include working closely with the fashion editor on pitching and executing high-impact features, including deep-dive trend stories, personal essays, and designer profiles.
All the aforementioned jobs might sound appealing and interesting but they require an equal amount of effort and labour. The hectic schedule and meetings are not something that can be ignored. This industry comes with commitment, dedication, and the desire to create something new. Making your mark in the industry can be tough, but if you choose the career that perfectly complements your proficiency, you can reach heights!
Have you read?
# Fascinating Breakfast Destinations around the World.
# Top 5 Self Help Books To Read During Graduation.
# The Mastermind Group of the Future: What Will Change by Leo Bottary.
# Woke. It’s the Real Thing: An Optimistic Outlook on Authentic Diversity in Advertising by Dominic (Heintz) Friend.
# How avoiding speaking opportunities could hurt your leadership career by Shane Michael Hatton.