Planning a holiday that fulfills all your lust of adventure, beach walking, water sports not leaving serenity aside? Then you shall look for the Canary Islands, a Spanish archipelago off the coast of North Western Africa.
Whatever your holiday mood be, an archipelago of these seven little islands caters to all your needs. Every island magnetizes a different kind of audience. So here is a guide to let you understand which one you shall choose as your next vacation spot.
- Tenerife Island: For a little bit of everything: Tenerife, the largest of all, offers its tourists almost everything- breathtaking sceneries, heedless mountains, tranquil beaches, and fancy cities and villages. You’ll definitely run out of words for admiring the pacific beaches of this island.Not only this, it has some more in its store to offer its tourists. From enthralling museums to heritage sites, from natural parks to volcanic landscape and mesmerizing flora and fauna, it suits tastes and types of almost everyone. Tenerife is a perfect family holiday destination in every sense. Well, this one is the best island for fascinating nightlife as well.
- Fuerteventura: For the poised beaches: The oldest, windiest and second largest of Spain’s Canary Islands, Fuerteventura is well-renowned for its glittering white-sand beaches, where its old volcanoes scream the dynamic history of this island; their uncluttered villages clearly exhibit the ancient Baroque architecture. You can either lay down and relax on its unruffled beaches or try your hands on water sports like surfing, windsurfing, and water skiing.
- Gran Canaria: For admiring the nature: Interested in taking sun-bath on the stunning beaches of Spain? If yes, then this is the perfect spot for you. Gram Canaria receives loads of sunshine with the temperature ranging between 18 to 24 degrees Celcius. Isn’t it enough for you? Want something exciting? Don’t worry, this island won’t disappoint you. Go hiking on gigantic hills passing through cave villages, lakes and mountains amidst the beautiful flora and fauna.
- Lanzarote: For the cool canaries: Located on the eastern side of the archipelago, this island is the youngest of the seven main islands. Thanks to the impressive artist, architect and keen environmentalist Cesar Manrique for his innovative architectural style to prevent the construction of the sky-rocketed buildings on this island. It is stormy and windy at times but sunny throughout the year that keeps its waters warm enough to swim and sunbathe. You can opt for village houses, luxury yurts, hotels, buildings or apartments constructed in a unique traditional style to stay.
- La Palma: For stunning scenery: It is the most gorgeous Canary Island for no lesser reason. Known as La Isla Bonita, this island has been declared as a UNESCO biosphere reserve for its eye-catching spectacular views. This one is a poised island, undisturbed by skyscrapers and a huge crowd. If you desire for a calm and composed vacation, away from the hustle and bustle amidst the mesmerizing landscapes and unspoiled natural resources, then this is undoubtedly going to be your dream destination.
- La Gomera: For an astonishing hiking experience: This island is pretty unique because of its shape. The shape you get by cutting an orange into half and dividing into segments exactly resembles the shape of this second smallest island. Difficulty in access to it keeps mass of the people at bay and hence, it won’t be wrong to call it ‘the island lost in time’. You can arrive here by landing at its capital city San Sebastian (the major port where Christopher Columbus set sail).If it has El Cercado which homes talented potters, then it also has Agulo, a town with rainbow colored houses having traditional Gomeran architecture. Enjoy hiking at its largest tourist resort- Valle Gran Rey.
- El Hierro: For a total escape:
It is basically a nude island with just 10,000 inhabitants and a shortage of tourists. Its crystal-clear waters and mystery at every corner make it a perfect diving spot. You can have exposure to certain activities of horse riding, paragliding, and mountain biking.
If you want a trip with tons of memories, then this is the right one. Rush, have a blast and share your experience with us.
Have you read?
# GDP Rankings Of The World’s Largest Economies, 2019.
# Most Expensive Countries In The World To Live In, 2019.
# Countries With The Highest Average Life Expectancies In 2030.
# The World’s Best Performing Companies 2019.
# World’s Most Luxurious Hotels, 2019.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org