With a noisy urban atmosphere where we seldom interact with nature or get connected to it, visiting wildlife places is the best way to rejuvenate the soul. Wildlife opens a new perspective towards adventure, activities and also brings a refreshed spirit about life.
The USA has rich diversity when it comes to wildlife ranging from amazing national parks and sanctuaries. Wildlife also offers excellent opportunities for photographers as well. There is no wrong season to get into a good wildlife indulgence and here are some amazing wildlife destinations in the USA:
- Theodore Roosevelt National Park, North Dakota: This amazing national park is spread over 70,000 acres (110.072 sq mi; 28,508 ha; 285.08 km2) of land filled with bighorn sheep, elk, pronghorn, birds of prey, coyotes and bison. The versatility of wildlife is quite amazing to look at.
The park is hometo: badgers, bison, bighorn sheep, coyotes, cougars, elk, feral horses, white-tailed deer and mule deer, prairie dogs, and at least 186 species of birds including golden eagles, sharp-tailed grouse, and wild turkeys.
- Custer State Park, South Dakota: To spot the exotic bison, this is the best place to be in USA. Also spot bighorn sheep, pronghorn, prairie dogs, white-tailed deer or even a mountain lion down the trail. At times you might spot only their footprints but don’t get disappointed, they must be around the corner!
The park is home to: bison, Elk, coyotes, mule deer, white tailed deer, mountain goats, prairie dogs, bighorn sheep, river otters, pronghorn, cougars, and feral burros.
- Lake Clark National Park, Alaska: Beluga whales, sea otters along with brown bears, moose, Dall sheep, and wolves are also spotted on the either side. Only 5,000 people visit this park annually despite its two-hour flight reach from Anchorage. Try watching the 10,000 caribou roaming cook inlet for a masterful experience.
The park is home to: bald eagle, golden eagle, Dall’s sheep, moose, caribou, peregrine falcon, wolf packs, coyotes, marten, red fox, wolverine, river otter, beaver, lynx, sea lion, beluga whale, harbor seal, porpoise – both black and brown bear.
- North Cascades National Park, Washington: The area being sparsely populated with a rugged mountain range, North Cascades is the home for many endangered species in the planet. Watch Canada Inyx, gray wolves, grizzlies along with wolverines, cougars, black bears, deers, bird eagles and so on in this exquisite place. 95% of 500,000-acre park is a designated wilderness area where you are guaranteed not to spot any humans!
The park is home to: Coyote, bobcat, lynx, cougar, mink, river otter and black bear.
- Congaree National Park, South Carolina: An international biosphere reserve, and a globally important bird area, 1,20,000 people visit this place annually to watch the largest forest intact preserve in the southeast. The ancient forests of sweetgum, oak, loblolly pine, bald cypress and 75 other exciting species stand tall. It has unmatchable ecological diversity with lot of old-grown trees. Nearly 195 species of birds, 60 species of fish, more than 65 butterflies, hundreds of insect species and 75 types of reptiles and amphibians can be spotted here.
The park is home to: Bobcats, deer, feral pigs, feral dogs, coyotes, armadillos, turkeys, and otters.
- San Juan Island National Historical Park, Washington: This is one of the best whale watching spots in the world. The whales live here year-round, with three mere pods known as southern residents. During time you wait for spotting whales, you can also see Steller sea lions, harbor seals, porpoise and bald eagles. Whale watching tours also are present here or you can head to Lime Kiln State Park and wait for the exotic whales to blow your mind.
- Tongass National Forest, Alaska: The largest national rainforest in the USA is also a coastal rainforest with the densest concentration of grizzlies and black bears. One can spot the maximum number of bald eagles you have ever seen in entire life and more fish in water when the salmon is running!
The park is home to: Brown and black bears, bald eagles, wolves, mountain goats, ravens, sitka black-tailed deer, Arctic tern, Orca, humpback whales, sea lions, seals, sea otters, river otters, and porpoises.
Have you read?
# Top 500 Best Universities In The World For 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Medicine And Health Science Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Life Science Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Physical Science Degrees, 2019.
# World’s Top 50 Universities For Psychology Degrees, 2019.
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com