Europe is one of those breathtaking continents which has the best of everything- from landscapes to food to unique culture. With its rich history and heritage, Europe gives a memorable experience for the adventurous traveler.
Despite the predominant cold climate, Europe offers great opportunities for outdoor sporting activities such as river rafting, snowboarding, snorkeling and so on.
Here are the fascinating adventure spots which you cannot afford to miss in Europe.
- The Berchtesgaden Alps, Germany: Most of the travelers say this is a hiker’s paradise and for all good reasons. The mountain region near Germany- Austrian border is equipped with full of trails in which Konigssee. If hiking tires you easily, there are cable cars which ferry travelers to view the area’s best spots.
- Iceland: The whole country is full of adventure spots which begins with the capital Reykjavik to visit hot springs, epic waterfalls, glaciers, and breathtaking volcanoes. Also, watch the Northern Lights which are famous globally. The laid back lifestyle in Iceland is another fetching aspect of traveling here. You would be enthralled with the adventurous experiences which this country offers.
- Interlaken, Switzerland: This area is recognized by UNESCO for its snowy peaks and alpine lakes and also the home for two of Europe’s hottest adventure spots: Jungfrau and Alltech glacier. The travelers can hike and climb at full stretch here. Interlaken is beautiful in all seasons – let it be white snowy winters, or mild summers with valleys filled with flowers.
- Tarifa, Spain: For all those beach lovers who have a frail for adventure, Tarifa is the best place to be. Apart from the obvious golden beaches, and dolphin-filled blue waters, it also a popular destination for wind and kite surfers. The rocky hills are also available for hiking lovers in this magical destination.
- Grossglockner Alpine Road, Austria: Indulge in the most stunning drive ever in Europe is named after the highest peak in Austria. The longest glacier of Austria , the Pasterze out here. The hairpin curves can be best explored with a car drive and one can also opt for bicycle hire option to enjoy the brilliant breeze and breathtaking landscape.
- Madeira, Portugal: Along with Azores, is Portugal’s archipelagoes which is also famous for hearty wines and laid-back lifestyle. Also indulge in surfing, lush interiors, stunning trails along with misty volcanic ridges. The best rewarding climb here is obviously Ariero, which is a rocky peak with trails involving eucalyptus forests to a lunar landscape high above the clouds.
- The Dolomites, Italy: This northern Italy has everything in place: amazing hiking spots, magical mountain villages, glaciers, lakes and a unique cultural bounty which is rarely found in the country. During the summers, wildflowers are in full bloom and the skies are bright. This area is also an internationally –recognized ski and snowboard destination during winters. Also, enjoy the mountain cuisine in the cozy villages surrounding the area for a magical experience.
Have you read?