There are numerous places in this world which offers great reasons to travel to, South-East Asia is one such region, which includes countries like Indonesia, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, etc. Although it doesn’t top the chart of frequently visited place by tourists, it is worth it.
What is included in Southeast Asia (or Southeastern Asia)?
Southeast Asia, a subregion of Asia, consists of 2 geographic regions:
Mainland Southeast Asia (or the Indochinese Peninsula) comprising parts of Northeast India (Part of India east of Siliguri Corridor), Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar and West Malaysia.
Maritime Southeast Asia comprises the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, East Timor, Brunei, Christmas Island, and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands.
Let’s look at the reasons behind it:-
- It’s pocket-friendly-: Transportation cost obviously depends upon the place where you travel from but its accommodation cost, food cost and other expenditure like transportation cost to travel within, entrance fees to temples and pagodas all are nominal and are pretty lesser than the other countries. What else do you want of you get huts for $10 per night on its beaches and lip-smacking food for less than $2? All such elements make South-East Asia a great value for money.
- Its stunning beaches: South-East Asia has undoubtedly the world’s best beaches. Its glittering white sand, alluring water, and tranquil atmosphere leave everyone awestruck. Some of the well-renowned beaches are in Phuket, Bali, Vietnam and Sentosa Island. So if you want to take sunbath, spend quality time with your love, relax and have a sunbath, and have a keen desire for island hopping then you must head towards this region. Just hire a boat and start exploring the infinite coastline of the ravishing beaches.
- Friendly people: If you compare with the rest of the world, people of south-East Asia are the most humble ones. They always greet you wearing a sweet smile on their faces, that comes directly from their heart and touch the receiver’s soul. Other than its beaches, what else will captivate your mind and heart is the generosity of these people. This will make your trip worth remembering.
- Easy to approach: South-east Asia is pretty approachable by the major countries of the world. Here, in eastern countries, booking transportation is comparatively easier than the western ones. Flights are also cheaper and can easily connect to all the major tourist destinations of the continent. Here, you can get combo tickets of bus and boat so you don’t have to stand in queues every time, only a single ticket will bring you to your favorite island lending you a hassle-free trip.
- Foodies’ delight: You’ll find various meal options, vegetarian, non-vegetarian as well as vegan in almost every country of South-East Asia. If Larb Jay, Pho Chay and vegetable Amok are the veg options, then vegan Com Ga, Nom Korng and Tofu Laab are among the vegan options. Pho (a rice noodle soup served with beef or chicken), Pad Thai (flat rice noodles stir-fried with egg, spices, and veggies or meat) and amok (made by cooking fish or chicken inside banana leaves) are worth trying for non-veg lovers.
- The lush green forests: It is a misconception that South-East Asia is well-renowned for just its beaches; its lush-green forests have also been a great destination for adventure seekers. If the region treasures the world’s oldest deciduous rainforests (Malaysia), then it also has Cambodia which is a land of stretched out forests, ravishing waterfalls, and all-green hills. If tourists get ample trekking opportunities in Thailand and Vietnam, then they are also amazed by an underwater post office in Malaysia, having waterproof covers and rubber stamps.
- Enormous wildlife: Generally what comes to people’s mind when they think of wildlife is Africa but only wildlife lovers know that this part of Asia is also a home to various wildlife species such as Komodo Dragon (the world’s largest lizard) to be found only in Indonesia, humpback dolphins in Cambodia, Great Hornbill and spectacled Langur in Malaysia. You can share some water of Donsol Bay in the Philippines with truck-sized Whale Sharks, and spot Sloth Bears during June and July in Sri Lanka. You’ll get tired of clicking amazing pictures of stupendous animals but the scenes won’t end.
- Diving and snorkeling: South-east Asia offers its tourists not just to explore on land but also underwaters. It’s a true paradise for divers and snorkelers. They have thrilling coral reefs, baleful caves and a profusion of marine life that leave everyone spell-bounded.
So for which reason are you traveling to South-East?
Have you read?
# World’s Best Hospitality And Hotel Management Schools, 2019.
# Best Law Schools In The World, 2019.
# Best Performing Arts Schools In The World, 2019.
# World’s Top 100 Most Successful Unicorns, 2019.
# Best Cities In The World For Shopping In 2019.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org