Mountaineering is one of those hottest adventure sports which garnered much attention all over the world. It involves challenging experiences, fun and tremendous adrenaline rush as well. The sport is fantastic for all ages who love to be fit and enjoy a bit of thrill during the activity. However, in choosing the best mountaineering spots to visit, lot of factors must be taken into account.
Let it be the safety, steepness of the valley or the climatic conditions- all these come into consideration. So the aspiring as well as professional mountaineers are always in the lookout for a fun destination which offers them the best traveling experience.
Here are some of the greatest mountaineering destinations in the world which one cannot afford to miss:
- Mount Khuiten- Mongolia: Indulge in the mesmerizing landscapes of Altai Mountains during the journey and the warm nature of the local Kazakh Nomads. The golden, vast and barren landscape is one of the last remote regions of the Earth making it even more thrilling to trek.
- Kilimanjaro- Tanzania: This Africa’s highest mountain is one of the most sought after mountaineering spots in the world. Three extinct volcanoes namely Kibo, Mawenzi and Shira are located in this exotic destination. Reaching the tip of Kilimanjaro is one breathtaking experience for sure. If you want to catch up with rich wildlife, opt for Machame Route. The Shira Plateau and Barranco Canyon offer a contrasting journey after the lush wildlife effect!
- The Andes (Cusco, Peru): To pass through a wide variety of ecosystems, Andes is a perfect choice. Ranging from tropical forests to deserted lands, the trail to the Andes has it all. The biggest highlight of this area is Machu Pichu which was discovered in the year 1911 by Hiram Bingham. Also, continue the trek to reach Inca Empire’s heart that is Cusco.
- Mount Everest, Nepal: This is a must visit mountaineering spot for the right reasons as it is the highest peak on Earth. For every mountaineer, climbing Everest is a dream come true. Being the most successfully climbed route in the world, Mount Everest is a sheer delight for snow lovers!
- The Matterhorn (Zermatt) Switzerland: Situated in the most beautiful the snowcapped mountain range of the world – Alps, Matterhorn is roughly shaped in the form of a pyramid making it a beautiful geographical landmark. This birthplace of mountaineering and various other sports is a must visit for the passionate traveler.
- Mount Elbrus, Russia: This stands as a watchtower between The Caucasus Mountains in between Europe and Russia. Elbrus is a double coned volcano which itself is a visual delight to see. One can experience a multitude of traditions such as Turkish, Georgian, Azeri and Russian in this enchanting location.
- Denali (Mount McKinley), Alaska, United States: The highest mountain in United States – Mt. Mckinley is situated at this magical location. Raised at a breathtaking 18,000 feet, the trek offers majestic views in every part of the journey. Attempting to trek at Denali itself is quite a task and the Mountaineers usually opt between May and June.
Have you read?
# India Rich List For 2018: Richest Indian Billionaires.
# China Rich List For 2018: Richest Chinese Billionaires.
# Taiwan Rich List For 2018: Richest Taiwanese Billionaires.
# Russia’s Rich List 2019: Wealthiest People In Russia.
# New York Rich List For 2018: The Billionaires Of New York.