The Fashion world is a world of dreams and dread, and if you want to keep off the latter, you have to work hard. There are many ways through which people wish to enter into the world of fashion and become a part of its glamour—one such way is modeling.
Being a model is tough, and dreaming to become a model is tougher. There is no easy ticket to this world unless you act smartly and do the needful which suits the basic requirements of the industry.
Of course, you must have heard of many things on how to become a successful model, but I will talk about a few of them which really need your immediate attention if at all you want to succeed in your career as a model.
Here are 5 things to remember if you want to become a successful model:
- Lose All That Nervousness.
Sometimes our dreams are at odds with what we are. When I started as a law student, many said that I lacked the initiative to build an argument on my own. I know a friend who wanted to become a journalist but was afraid to speak his mind. So, we may have certain issues which might come in our way of achieving our dreams.Many people who wish to become models feel conscious in front of the camera. Trust me, people in the industry have worked there for years and can easily notice whether or not you are comfortable on camera. So, you must get rid of all that nervousness which might end up haunting your career.One tip I can give you to deal with this problem is to ask your friends to click pictures of you as many as possible. Whenever this happens, try imagining that you are all by yourself without anyone to notice. Relax your body, take a deep breath and pose. It may not come out the way you wanted, but with practice, things will eventually work out.
- Get Yourself Evaluated.
You might have the qualities perfect for being a model, but if you are unable to use them properly, then there is no point. If you want to secure an objective opinion, seek assistance from agents (more than one). These agents are experienced individuals who know what fits and what does not fit the demands of the industry.In case you do not have agents in your knowledge, you can ask your friends and relatives to share your profile with the people they know. You might end up getting constructive feedback on what you should and should not do.
- Get Exposure.
You need to bring yourself to the notice of the public, and there are many ways which can help you do that.For starters, you should get an Instagram or Facebook Account to post your modeling pictures and expose yourself to social media. Use Hashtags and post regularly to ensure that you keep public interested.Find out contact details of modeling agencies and send them your photos. Do not expect much, though, because they do not usually check emails, but hey, we should try everything there is to be tried.
You should consider attending modeling conventions which are organized regularly and witness participation from modeling agencies. Talk with people there and establish networks to exploit. Believe me, networking is what will take you inside the fashion industry.
- Be Prepared With Your Finances.
Starting as a model requires money, especially when you do not have any connection in the fashion industry. Much of your money will go into getting portfolios done, attending paid events, purchasing dresses and doing photo-shoots. So, make sure you manage your finances smartly and be mentally prepared to spend.
- Take Care Of Yourself.
You do not have to be anorexic to become part of the modeling industry You can opt for a healthy lifestyle and still score gigs in the modeling industry. Make sure you do not get too influenced by the stereotypes you find on social media and consult an actual model who is best positioned to provide you with tips on how to go about maintaining yourself.
Best Modeling Agencies in the United States:
- Storm Los Angeles — Los Angeles, California.
- Q Management — Los Angeles, California.
- LA Models — Los Angeles, California.
- Two Management — Los Angeles, California.
- State — Los Angeles, California.
- Nous Model Management — Los Angeles, California.
- Boom! Models and Talent — San Francisco, California.
- Look Model Agency — San Francisco, California.
- The Blackwell Files — San Francisco, California.
- Marla Dell Talent — San Francisco, California.
- Scout Model and Talent Agency — San Francisco, California.
- JE Model Management — San Francisco, California.
- Stars Management — San Francisco, California.
- RAE Model and Talent Agency — San Francisco, California.
- NYLO Model and Talent Agency — San Francisco, California.
- Models, Inc — San Francisco, California.
- Donna Baldwin Agency – Denver, Colorado.
- Eden Talent Agency — Denver, Colorado.
- Maximum Talent — Denver, Colorado.
- John Casablancas Agency — Denver, Colorado.
- Caroline Gleason Models — Miami.
- Posche Models International — Miami.
- DAS Model Management — Miami.
- The Green Agency — Miami.
- FRONT Management — Miami.
- BMG Models — Atlanta.
- MP Management — Atlanta.
- Stewart Talent — Chicago.
- Lily’s Talent Agency — Chicago.
- 10 MGMT – Chicago.
- Shirley Hamilton Talent — Chicago.
- Ford Models — New York City.
- Next Models NYC — New York City.
- ONE Management — New York City.
- Elite Model Management – New York City.
- Major Model Management — New York City.
- IMG Models — New York City.
- Wilhelmina Models — New York City.
- Red Model — New York City.
- M Model Management — New York City.
- Carolina Talent — Charlotte.
- Evolution Talent Agency — Charlotte.
- Directions USA — Greensboro, North Carolina.
- Marilyn’s Inc. — Greensboro, North Carolina.
- CD Models and Talent (CDMT) — Charleston, South Carolina.
- TouT Models and Talent — Charleston, South Carolina.
- First Models — Houston, Texas.
- Neal Hamil Agency — Houston, Texas.
- The Campbell Agency — Dallas, Texas.
- Wallflower Management — Dallas, Texas.
- Dragonfly Agency — Dallas, Texas.
- The Brown Agency – Austin, Texas.
- Foreman Management – Austin, Texas.
- Mazza Models — Austin, Texas.
- Entourage Agency — San Antonio, Texas.
- Heffner Management — Seattle, Washington.
- Seattle Models Guild (SMG) — Seattle, Washington.
- TCM Models and Talent — Seattle, Washington.
- Amax Talent/Creative – Nashville, Tennessee.
- Tribe Talent Management – Nashville, Tennessee.
Your modeling career will go nowhere if you do not have a healthy body!
Have you read?
# Russia’s Rich List 2019: Wealthiest People In Russia.
# New York Rich List For 2018: The Billionaires Of New York.
# Richest Women In The United States For 2018: 55 Female Billionaires.
# Top 20 Richest Sports Team Owners In The World, 2018.
# The 100 Most Influential People In History.