Magical Hill Stations Around the World You cannot Afford to Miss in 2019
Living in a hotter climate usually makes the traveler yearn for heading out to a breathtaking hill station for relief in the high temperatures. Hill stations are a perfect destination for solitude, bliss and amazing landscapes. A visit to hill station rejuvenates, refreshes and also brings up a new form of energy for the traveler.
With so many options available for hill stations, the traveler needs to choose the destination based on budget, preferences, and individual likes.
Here are some of the magical hill stations around the world which you cannot afford to miss in the year 2019.
1. Hallstatt, Austria: A beautiful Alpine village, Hallstatt is picturesquely amazing to watch. Whether it is mountain trails, or spending quality time at the lake Hallstatt, the destination offers every bliss a traveler would look out for. While it is sunny and bright during summer, Hallstatt becomes a winter wonderland with a blanket of snow during winter. October- November is the best time to visit for seclusion and limited crowds as well.
2. Faroe Island, Denmark: Unpredictable climate and lush green meadows make this an amazing hill station to visit. Experience the sound of waves among the rocky cliffs for people who love sea as well as hilly areas. Even for wildlife lovers and bird watchers, Faroe Island is a perfect place.
3. Lecco, Italy: With Lake Camo on one side and the Bergamo Alps on the other side, Lecco is one underrated hill station for the traveler. The rustic charm and natural hideout is one of the biggest advantages of this place. You can also indulge in adventurous activities like skiing during winter and experience the lush green scenery during summer.
4. Tirol, Austria: With 600 glaciers, 500 mountain peaks and an elevation of 3500 meters, Tyrol is a paradise in every sense. The name has come from the Celtic word for salt and for heritage lovers, this is an added advantage to visit here. It has a consistent number of trekkers arriving here and also pristine skiing opportunities is an added plus.
5. Wengen, Switzerland: While Switzerland is an obvious hill station destination for all travel lovers, Wengen is quite isolated and for good reasons. May to October is the best season to visit to get the best out of this place. It offers countless hideouts for trekkers and hikers. The breathtaking landscapes and magical lakes make it a popular romantic destination as well.
6. Bled, Slovenia: Lake Bled is surrounded by breathtaking mountains and the town offers great calmness in the midst of noisy urban life. Right from luxury travelers to budget backpackers, Bled offers everything. The lush meadows, lakes brings a new definition of peace here.
7. Lucerne, Switzerland: A perfect blend of old time charm with modernity, Lucerne exhibits the best of everything. It offers a great fusion between heritage, art and a natural paradise for hill station travelers. To get a knack on Swiss tourism and transportation, visit the Swiss Museum of Transport.
Have you read?
# World’s Best Countries To Invest In Or Do Business.
# Countries With The Best Quality of Life, 2019.
# Most Startup Friendly Countries In The World.
# The World’s Safest Cities Ranking.
# Global Passport Ranking, 2019.