From Playa Blanca to Puerto del Carmen, find out what to see and do in Lanzarote. Located 125 kilometres (78 miles) from the north coast of Africa, expect stunning, otherworldly volcanic landscapes and year-round warm weather on this Canary island – beautiful beaches, unusual attractions and huge choice of bars and restaurants. Lanzarote can be a great holiday destination if you’re looking for somewhere with heaps of sunshine, beautiful beaches and loads of things to see and do.
Hotels in Lanzarote : When deciding where to stay in Lanzarote, you’ll find there’s a wide range of accommodation, for all budgets to choose from. A beachside hotel or a cheap hostel in the town centre, the choice is all yours. To spoil you for good, most of the family resorts offer an all-inclusive package of meals, entertainment events, spa massage, drinks, and recreational activities.
Why wait more? Book with us your ideal accommodation in Lanzarote to enjoy great discounts!
Places to visit:
- Arrecife: It is a port city on the east coast of Lanzarote. It is a place where you will find scintillating beaches, churches, museums, and a lot of options to stay. Boasting its volcanic sceneries and Timanfaya National Park, Arrecife makes a perfect base for couples, families, and nature lovers.
- Playa Blanca: Known for its snorkeling sites, Playa Blanca is definitely an adventure seeker’s paradise. In this resort, you will find Europe’s only underwater sculpture museum along with a number of water sports. So if your adrenaline levels need a spike, make sure to book your Lanzarote accommodation in Playa Blanca.
- Puerto Del Carmen: With plenty of amusement parks, zoos, and shopping centres- Puerto Del Carmen is a family-friendly resort. It is ideal for those looking to stay close to the airport (which is a 10-minute drive away) and turn their Lanzarote holiday into a dream one.
- Costa Teguise: Home to the famous Lanzarote Aquarium, Costa Teguise welcomes holidaymakers of all ages. Colorful lanes of this resort are perfect for your holiday pictures while the beach is the best place to enjoy your laid-back holiday in Lanzarote. Chase the waves while parasailing or whizz down the zip line in this resort. For an authentic Spanish feel, book a low-cost apartment in Costa Teguise and enjoy homely comforts.
- Matagorda: Feel the sand in your toes while strolling on the soft sands of Matagorda Beach or go deep in the waters of the North Atlantic Ocean and swim with turtles. With an influx of tourists in this destination, cheap flights and hotels in Lanzarote have also gone up. And, most of them can be seen in this tiny resort.
What to see?
Whether you are a naturist, adventure-seeker, or the one looking for a laid-back holiday. Lanzarote has something for everyone;
For beach lovers
- Hire a surfing board and feel the wind on your skin while surfing on the beach of Famara. It is a famous beach known for strong winds and waves.
- For mesmerizing views of the sea and the neighboring islands, drive to Mirador del Río- situated on the top of a hill.
- Just wear your favorite swimsuit and dive in the shallow waters of the beach or laze under one of the parasols to soak up some Spanish sun.
For nature lovers
- Timanfaya National Park: – Hire a car, buy a map, switch on your action camera and get ready for a thrilling drive which takes you through the swampy roads of this national park. You will find sand dunes, volcanic structures, and astonishing mountains to capture. Don’t forget to try the steak cooked from the volcanic heat.
- Jameos del Agua: – It is a series of lava caves, located in the municipality of Haría. Grab a minced meat patty from the underground restaurant and enjoy it on the shores of Salt Lake.
- Kayak through the underground lava caves of Cueva de los Verdes or enjoy strolling in the Cactus Garden that features more than 1000 species of Cactus.
After the sun sets, the island displays a colorful and vibrant nightlife scene – with a number of lively bars and pubs offering a mix of entertainment programs to keep the clubbers occupied. Flock to the south-coast resorts of Playa Blanca and Puerto Del Carmen to feel the jet-setters’ vibes of a buzzing atmosphere.
A short drive to Centro Commercial La Mulata will make your evenings a lot livelier, whereas Arrecife is great for those who are interested in discovering the real taste of Spanish nightlife. And, of course, don’t forget to check to see if your Lanzarote hotel offers entertainment activities to entertain the whole family.
What to eat?
When it comes to experiencing the fine-dining in Lanzarote, the island takes care of everyone’s taste and budget. The local seafood is a staple dish here and if you get a chance to discover the aroma of other specialties such as papas arrugadas, Monumento al Campesino and sancocho as well – give them a try! But that doesn’t mean that you don’t try meat and steak dishes from local steakhouses. You’ll find the streets of Playa Blanca and the city centre bustling with numerous local and multi-cuisine restaurants.
Lanzarote will give you a rich retail therapy experience with a variety of local markets, shops and designer boutiques. They sell fashion clothes, beautiful jewelry, perfumes, hand-made items, and electric products at competitive prices. Here, the shopping scenes begin in the main resorts of Playa Blanca, Arrecife, Puerto Del Carmen and end in the huge malls of Playa Honda where you’ll find so many brands under one roof.
And if you love collecting local stuff, walk through the streets of Costa Teguise and buy Canarian artifacts for your friends and family.
Fast Facts about Lanzarote
- Direct flight time: 4 hours from London
- Time Zone: GMT (+0 hours)
- Currency: Euros
- Language: Spanish
- Average price of a domestic beer: €1.5
- Average price of a bottle of wine: €2
- Number of Brit tourists per year: 1.84 million
Have you read?
# RANKED: The World’s Top 10 Richest Countries (2017-2027).
# Revealed: Top Rated Visitor Attractions In Every Country In The World.
# The World’s Most Powerful Militaries In 2018.
# The World’s Most (And Least) Expensive Cities For Taxis, 2018.