Hong Kong is the world’s most expensive urban center for those looking to buy a home, according to a survey of 35 global cities by real estate consultant CBRE. Hong Kong’s average property price is $1.2 million, ahead of second-placed Singapore ($874,372) and third-placed Shanghai ($872,555).
The Chinese cities of Shenzhen (average property price: $680,283) and Beijing (average property price: $629,276) were also named among the world’s top ten costliest cities for home buyers, ranked in 5th and 9th place respectively.
The cheapest cities for buying residential property were Istanbul, Ho Chi Min City, and Bangkok.
The World’s Most Expensive Cities For Those Looking To Buy A Home:
- Hong Kong: $1,235,2202
- Singapore: $874,3723
- Shanghai, China: $872,5554
- Vancouver, Canada: $815,3225
- Shenzhen, China: $680,2836
- Los Angeles, United States: $679,2007
- New York, United States: $674,5008
- London, United Kingdom: $646,9739
- Beijing, China: $629,27610
- Paris, France: $625,29911
- Cape Town, South Africa: $577,66012
- Toronto, Canada: $575,55713
- Sydney, Australia: $537,89114
- Jeddah, Saudi Arabia: $447,74915
- Melbourne, Australia: $433,33616
- Dublin, Ireland: $427,35017
- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia: $415,76718
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: $408,06519
- Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates: $404,92620
- Miami, United States: $333,60021
- Barcelona, Spain: $328,88022
- Rome, Italy: $282,44223
- Milan, Italy: $279,13524
- Madrid, Spain: $274,55525
- Moscow, Russia: $268,68726
- Montreal, Canada: $260,08427
- Birmingham, United Kingdom: $245,67028
- Manchester, United Kingdom: $229,44529
- Chicago, United States: $228,50030
- Johannesburg, South Africa: $218,44331
- Lisbon, Portugal: $207,83432
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia: $119,73833
- Bangkok, Thailand: $106,38334
- Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon), Vietnam: $103,05735
- Istanbul, Turkey: $97,396
These are the top 10 most expensive cities for owning homes:
Have you read?
# World’s Best Countries To Invest In Or Do Business.
# Countries With The Best Quality of Life, 2019.
# Most Startup Friendly Countries In The World.
# The World’s Safest Cities Ranking.
# Global Passport Ranking, 2019.