Art and travel go hand in hand at every walk of life. Every place in this world has a unique artistic appeal, and some destinations have a bit more- thanks to the history it involves. Artists often love to travel more to get inspiration from visiting different places and scout for interesting destinations to go.
We asked our readers to rate their favorite destinations in the world for arts and culture. These places are centers of museums, and theater, music and dance. Here are the best travel destinations in the world for soaking in culture and finding inspiration in the arts, starting with the top spot.
- Paris, France: The first name in the artistic travel list would definitely be this eternal city. The city of romance and cafes also is a haven for aspiring artists. With an ample number of museums, art galleries, and a heavy cultural scene, Paris has everything for the artist! Being the home of Cappuccino, grab your luxurious cup of coffee and roam around the artistic streets of Paris!
Places to Stay: Best Luxury Hotels in Paris, France.
Rank Hotel Score 1 InterContinental Paris Le Grand 92.4 2 Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg 91.5 3 Hotel du Collectionneur 91.3 4 Hotel d'Aubusson 85.4 5 Le Pavillon de la Reine 85.3 6 Victoria Palace 82.7 7 Grand Hotel du Palais Royal 82.5 8 Maison Souquet 80.5 9 Le Bristol Paris 80.2 10 Le Narcisse Blanc Hotel And Spa 78.9
- Chicago, United States: This amazing progressive city is not just home for Jazz music and western classical musical scene, but also for fantastic art galleries. Take a look at many museums in this timeless city with a wholesome indulgence of the local food scene.
- Turkey: To get a dash of middle east coupled with History and Art, Turkey is the best place to visit. With Eastern Roman Empire art from 9th to 11th centuries- visit the Goreme Open Air Museum for witnessing this artistic achievement.
- New York City, United States: The rapidly progressing city is also perfect for visiting museums and art galleries. Visit the Metropolitan Museum of Art which has Temple of Dendur built by the Roman Governor of Egypt in 15 BC. There are amazing collectibles from Greek, Roman, and even from the Eastern world.
- Vatican City: Rome is one of those greatest historic places which has the best of Christian roman heritage. Vatican City has St. Petersburg, The Pantheon and Sistine Chapel which has Michelangelo’s handmade frescos. An additional advantage is dwelling into amazing Italian cuisine which satiates the taste buds as well.
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands: Rijksmuseum in this wonderful place is a must visit. During the 17th century, the Dutch built this museum which has the largest collection of paintings in the world. It also shows the glory of Dutch and why they are the greatest art leaders in the world. They also dwelled in landscapes, still life and genre-based painting.
- Madrid, Spain: The Museo Reina Sofia museum is Spain’s national museum which is dedicated to 20th century art is a must visit. Pablo Picasso’s mural-size work Guernica was in response to the tragic bombing in the year 1937 at Basque town of Spain. There are some fantastic museums of this sort to bring out the artistic fervor in you.
- Milan, Italy: Exquisite artistic treasure is present in this inquisitive city. During world war II, aerial bombs hit the 15th-century church, thereby destroying the walls of Dominican convent. One of the walls actually retains Leonardo Da Vinci famous painting the Last Supper. The city is also breathtaking in the art museum scene.
Have you read?
# World’s Best Countries To Invest In Or Do Business.
# Most Startup Friendly Countries In The World.
# The World’s Safest Cities Ranking.
# Global Passport Ranking, 2019.
# GDP Rankings Of The World’s Largest Economies, 2019.
Track Latest News Live on CEOWORLD magazine and get news updates from the United States and around the world. The views expressed are those of the author and are not necessarily those of the CEOWORLD magazine. Follow CEOWORLD magazine on Twitter and Facebook. For media queries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org