America Ranked Below Canada And Britain
A new ranking of the best countries in the world sees the United States placed behind both Canada and the United Kingdom, a position that may surprise many. Here’s how the three compare. The report placed America at number 8, with Canada coming 3rd and the UK ranking 5th.
The United States has been ranked as the 8th best country in the world. Additionally, the U.S. also scored well in other categories, including comfortable retirement (24), green living (15), Start a Business (11), transparency and good governance (19), Education (#2), Headquarter a Corporation (#14), Raising Children (#20), Women (#16), Forward Thinking (#3), International Influence (#1), Solo Travel (#28), and Study Abroad (#59).
The “Best Countries” index, ranks 80 nations according to 75 criteria including 9 main sub-rankings such as entrepreneurship, adventure, cultural influence and quality of life. Switzerland tops the list for the third year in a row, and is followed by Japan and Canada.
This year, Japan jumped from fifth to second, thereby pushing Germany down a slot from 2018.
- Overall Rank: #3
- Entrepreneurship Rankings: #6
- Adventure Rankings Rankings: #19
- Citizenship Rankings: #2
- Cultural Influence Rankings: #12
- Heritage Rankings: #42
- Movers Rankings: #39
- Open for Business Rankings: #7
- Power Rankings: #12
- Quality of Life Rankings: #1
United Kingdom’s Rankings:
- Overall Rank: #5
- Entrepreneurship: #5
- Adventure Rankings: #40
- Citizenship Rankings: #11
- Cultural Influence Rankings: #4
- Heritage Rankings: #12
- Movers Rankings: #53
- Open for Business Rankings: #23
- Power Rankings: #5
- Quality of Lif Rankings: #12
United States’s Rankings:
- Overall Rank: #8
- Entrepreneurship Rankings: #3
- Adventure Rankings: #30
- Citizenship Rankings: #16
- Cultural Influence Rankings: #4
- Heritage Rankings: #22
- Mover Rankingss: #27
- Open for Business Rankings: #48
- Power Rankings: #1
- Quality of Life Rankings: #17
The Top Ten
- United Kingdom
- United States
The Bottom Ten
- Iraq (80th)
- Pakistan (Islamic Republic of)
- Jordan (71st)
- Entrepreneurship Rankings: Connected to the rest of the world, educated population, entrepreneurial, innovative, provides easy access to capital, skilled labor force, technological expertise, transparent business practices, well-developed infrastructure, well-developed legal framework.
- Adventure Rankings: Friendly, fun, pleasant, climate, scenic, and sexy.
- Citizenship Rankings: Cares about human, rights, cares about the environment, gender, equality, progressive, religious freedom, respects property rights, trustworthy, welldistributed, political power.
- Cultural Influence: Culturally significant in terms of entertainment, fashionable, happy, has an influential culture, modern, prestigious, trendy.
- Heritage Rankings: Culturally accessible, has a rich history, has great food, many cultural attractions.
- Movers Rankings: Different, distinctive, dynamic, unique.
- Open for Business Rankings: Bureaucratic, cheap manufacturing costs, corrupt, favorable tax environment, transparent government practices.
- Power Rankings: A leader, economically, influential, politically influential, strong, international alliances, strong military.
- Quality of Life Rankings: A good job market, affordable, economically stable, family friendly, income equality, politically stable, safe, well-developed public education system, well-developed public health system