Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Limited (DPE) boss Don Meij, is the highest paid CEO in Australia, of an ASX200 company, earning a massive $36.84 million in the 2017 financial year. Want to earn as much as Australia’s highest-paid CEO?
When compared to the average full-time Australian salary of $84,661.20 per year – Mr Meij’s salary was almost 435 times the average worker’s earnings.
The second-highest-paid chief executives, according to the report, were Peter and Steven Lowy, the joint chief executives of shopping centre giant Westfield and sons of Westfield founder Frank Lowy. Together they earned $25.9 million. Behind the Lowy brothers was Nicholas Moore, chief executive of Macquarie Bank, on $25.2 million.
Chris Rex, chief executive of Ramsay Healthcare, came in fourth with an income of $22.3 million. He was followed by James Hardie Industries chief Louis Gries on $18 million.
Here are the top 11 highest-paid CEOs in Australia
- Don Meij, Domino’s Pizza: $36.84 million
- Peter and Steven Lowy, Westfield Corp: $25.9 million
- Nicholas Moore, Macquarie Group: $25.19 million
- Chris Rex, Ramsay Health Care: $22.3 million
- Louis Gries, Hardie Industries: $18.03 million
- Andrew Bassat, Seek: $14.12 million
- Ron Delia, Amcor: $12.2 million
- Alan Joyce, Qantas: $11.25 million
- Colin Goldschmidt, Sonic Healthcare: $10.61 million
- Mark Hooper, Sigma Healthcare: $10.30 million
- Mike Kane, Boral: $9.82 million
Follow CEOWORLD magazine headlines on: Google News, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
Thank you for supporting our journalism. Subscribe here.
For media queries, please contact: email@example.com