Who doesn’t want to wear and look fashionable? While talking about looks, eyeballs take a turn towards the apparels and jewelry which are in the line of being the top choice.
While the rich and famous look for something different than the ordinary, let’s have a look for those brands which have made its way to the top in 2018.
The Top 20 Fashion Brands 2018
- Prada: Prada, the Italian luxury fashion house specializes in leather handbags, shoes, ready-to-wear garments, perfumes, and other accessories. Founded in 1913 by Mario Prada, today it’s the ultimate name in luxury. The company merged with Azzedine Alaia and presently has a brand value of $ 7.3 billion. There are over 300 stores of Prada worldwide.
- Nike: The brand was founded as an importer of Japanese shoes in the year 1968. It has been the world’s largest importer of athletic shoes and holds 37% of global market share. These products are sold through 22,000 retail counters in over 150 countries.
- Fendi: It is the Italian luxury fashion house founded in 1925 in Rome. Fendi, which is the ninth largest luxury brand in the world, has a brand value of 4.6 million dollars. It is available in 117 stores and specializes in high end ready to wear.
- Versace: The Italian luxury brand Versace was established in 1978 by Gianni Versace. Specializing in textiles and apparels, Versace has a net worth of 669 million Euros. Eminent models like Jennifer Lopez sports the brand with elegance. The logo represents the head of Medusa, a Greek figure in mythology.
- Vetements: It is a French brand of clothing and footwear collection incepted by fashion designer Demna Gvasalia in the year 2014. The brand’s second collection was shown for Paris Fashion Week in Le Depot. The brand had successful collaborations with DHL in 2016 and also with Levi’s. Its thousand dollar hoodies are just out of the world.
- Dolce & Gabbana: This is an Italian fashion house founded in the year 1985 in Legnano. They began designing underwear and swimming and the company’s revenue reached 600 million euros by 2005. Today, the brand specializes in luxury items inspired by high designs and ‘timeless formals’ besides seasonal changes. The ‘DG’ symbol pronounces a sense of enchantment in the minds of consumers.
- Givenchy: This French luxury and fashion house got incepted in 1952 by the renowned designer Huber De Givenchy. The house started its collection with floaty skirts and puffy blouses in 1952, and today it’s known for designing the best apparels that are proudly showcased by the rich and famous. The company currently owns 917 million euros as net worth.
- Balenciaga: As a luxury fashion house owned by Spanish designer Cristobal Balenciaga in 1919, it marks the commencement of a maverick fashion. He started his debut designs with bubble launching skirts and odd yet ultra-modern shapes which were recognized as trademarks of the house. The brand today is famous for designing motorcycle-inspired handbags and has eight exclusive boutiques all around New York.
- Off-White: This is Italian streetwear and also a luxury fashion brand created by American fashion designer Virgil Abloh based in Milan, Italy. The brand specializes in seasonal high-end luxury stores like Barney’s, Harrod’s, Selfridges and Le Bon Marche. The company specializes in clothing, accessories, shoes and also furniture and stands firmly with a net worth of 3 million dollars.
- Gucci: This Italian brand of fashion and luxury items was incepted by Gucci Gucci of Florence in 1921. Presently, it has 278 stores which are directly operated, and they generated revenue of 4.2 billion Euros. It was recognized as one of the ‘Top Global 100 Brands’ in 2009. Gucci recorded a brand value of $ 12.4 billion in May 2015. Today, Gucci has a strong presence in the social media, e-commerce and has collaborated with famous Hollywood celebrities who endorse their brand.
- Kate Spade: The American designer Kate Spade became a celebrity for launching her line of handbags in the 1990’s. The company then expanded and opened numerous retail stores for the high-end customers. Known for manufacturing handbags which have a sleek look, various colors, and utilitarian shapes, they got their way into reputed stores like Neiman Marcus, Saks Fifth Avenue, and Bloomingdale showcasing a wide range of varieties starting from eyewear, shoes, paper goods and known to have their presence in almost 450 stores.
- Michael Kors: The American sportswear fashion designer Michael David Kors incepted his line of ready to wear in 1997. It also specializes in jewelry, fragrance, footwear, and watches. With a net worth of $ 1 million, the brand is well-endorsed by famous Hollywood celebrities including Michelle Obama, Heidi Klum, Catherine Zeta-Jones and many more. The brand received recognition for designing men’s and women’s wear thereby gaining the coveted title of “Designer of the Year.”
- Alexander McQueen: The brand was founded by Lee Alexander Mc Queen, the British designer, and courtier who has earned several milestones in the fashion industry in consecutive years. The brand gained fame during catwalks of 2001 spring and summer collections named VOSS. There are several boutiques in London, Los Angeles, Milan, and Las Vegas where the line of clothing is looked upon as an object of desire by the consumers. The net worth of the company stands at $ 30 million.
- Yves Saint Laurent: This brand of French luxury items were launched by Yves Saint Laurent and Pierre Berge, his partner in 1961. The company revived while launching its haute couture collection in 2015, under creative director Hedy Slimane. The brand was considered the world’s most prominent fashion house known for manufacturing modern iconic clothing like tuxedo jackets for women. Also, it has an enormous market presence in the fragrance industry owned by Loreal and other license holders.
- Celine: The Company specializes in leather luxury goods and French ready to wear clothes, and was founded by Celine Viviana in 1945 and owned by the LVMH group since the year 1996. The creator of this masterpiece is Heidi Slimane, and the celebrated brand made its market presence globally gaining recognition as a crème de la crème brand. The brand also extended its expertise into leather goods, gloves, loafers, and clothes.
- Lana Marks: Lana Marks is the South African fashion designer who founded the fashion brand eponymous. CEO of the company, Lana Marks extended her specialized hands with leather accessories that are available over 150 styles and over 100 colors. She has created handbags for Hollywood celebrities like Kate Winslet, Helen Mirren, Julie Christie, Drew Barrymore, Reese Witherspoon and many more.
- Hilde Paladino: Hilde Paladino bags are considered exclusive ones that attracted the eyeball of the rich and famous throughout. These super designed, super expensive bags have been showcased in fashion shows and earned appreciation from designers and media. Hilde Paladino, the Norwegian designer, incepted this company specializing in handbags that have been the most precious possession for any women.
- Judith Lieber: Judith Liber, the Hungarian-American fashion designer incepted the company in 1963, which specialized in handbags. Known for designing crystal purses made from minaudieres, metal shells, Swarovski crystals worth high prices, the art of work has been into the display at several fashion shows. While animals are a recurring theme in her designs, the minaudieres are even sold over $7k. She designed purses for several Presidential first ladies and other celebrities.
- Marc Jacobs: The American fashion designer Marc Jacobs is known for incepting his own fashion brand since 2001, which has over 285 retail stores in 60 countries. Famous models like Jessica Lange endorsed his brand, and the collection successfully attracted eyeballs and appreciation both from critics and media. Marc Jacobs has a strong social media presence and successfully showcased the spring collection 2016 over there.
- Mouawad: This is a privately held company, with Swiss and Emirati collaboration making a statement into luxury items like fashion jewelry, accessory, gemstones, luxury watches and objects of art. This brand was founded in 1891 and is successively held by four generations. Its collection of diamonds has been one of the best in the world. The brand holds the Guinness World Record for the most valuable necklace. It also gained recognition for the most valuable handbag.