US Universities Continue To Dominate: MIT, Stanford, Caltech, And Harvard Tops For 2019
The US still boasts the largest numbers of top-ranked universities in the QS World University Rankings at 157, with 11 appearing in the global top 20 in 2019 and a further 48 in the top 200. Read on to discover how the top universities in America ranked for 2019, including a closer look at the top ten.
Number one among the top universities in the world for 2019 is the University of Oxford Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT). Stanford, Harvard, and Caltech all retain their positions at second, third, and fourth in the world respectively.
10. University of Pennsylvania (19th)
9. Columbia University (16th)
8. Yale University (15th)
7. Cornell University (14th)
6. Princeton University (13th)
5. University of Chicago (9th)
4. California Institute of Technology (Caltech)
3. Harvard University
2. Stanford University
1. Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
The other top 20 US universities are:
11. University of Michigan – ranked 20th in the world.
12. Johns Hopkins University – ranked 21st in the world.
13. Duke University – ranked 26th in the world.
14. University of California, Berkeley (UCB) – ranked 27th in the world.
15. University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) – ranked 32nd in the world.
16. Northwestern University – ranked 34thin the world.
17. University of California, San Diego (UCSD) – ranked 41st in the world.
18. New York University (NYU) – ranked 43rd in the world.
19. Carnegie Mellon University – ranked 46th in the world.
20. University of Wisconsin-Madison – ranked 53rd in the world.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 150 Colleges And Universities For Employability, 2018: Harvard, Caltech, MIT, Cambridge, And Stanford Tops - November 16, 2018
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018