7 Enterprise Mobility Trends You Need to Focus for Implementing Mobility at Your Workplace
Mobile has transformed the way we work, interact, and spend time thanks to the advent of technological advancements. Irrespective of business model, size, and scalability, entrepreneurs tend to jump on the enterprise mobility bandwagon. Today, it is difficult to stay firm in challenging and competitive business scenario, but enterprise mobility solutions can empower you by increasing productivity, enhancing collaboration, improving communication, and facilitating collaboration. Your company can stay ahead of the competition with high efficiency. But then, you need to embrace these solutions in the full swing and with all the technology trends to get the optimum outcome.
Here we mention top trends of business mobility solutions that can drive enterprise mobility today and tomorrow for the startups and large enterprises alike. But, before that, let us go through a few important aspects that show the importance of enterprise mobility:
- User Data- Enterprise mobility solutions can provide a real-time data that can assist the management to take better policy decisions. It is easy for the managers to find the outcome of the prior days or even real-time on the basis of analyzing the data. Entrepreneurs can easily get the data on the move and take immediate action without going to the office.
- Resource Allocation- The mobility software can enable managers to connect with workers to give them different jobs to meet the changing demands on the order and shipment front. Such an effective resource allocation can increase the profitability through improving employee utilization. It further results in lowering operational costs.
- Participation- Robust enterprise mobility solutions can enhance the participation of stakeholders and employees as they can access the relevant information on multiple devices. It translates into an increase in efficiency across the supply-demand chain and improving value. What’s more, business partners can participate in various business processes as per their convenience with mobility solutions.
- Productivity- Apart from flexibility, the enterprise mobility software can also enhance productivity by enabling employees to work from any location with their mobile devices. When the employees can participate in various business operations as per their convenience, they can give their best to the enterprises with enhanced efficiency. Also, it helps the business tap into the market opportunities.
- Collaboration- Enterprise social networking facilitates the real-time collaboration among the employees and the management. Effective communication can drive innovation and cooperation and your business can get a higher RoI. It is easy to offer cross-level communication channels across different departments with the help of enterprise mobility software thereby facilitating teamwork and minimizing business risks.
In today’s mobile-dominated world, enterprise mobility solutions have larger implications on the businesses than before because the latest and futuristic technologies are incorporated.
Have you read?
The World’s Top Universities Based On The Total Net Worth Of Their Billionaire Graduates.
Envisioning the Future of Coworking Space Technology with ATLAS Workbase.
Why changing this basic habit will overcome your afternoon slump?
Winner: Best Product of 2018 – Speed.
Let us go through top seven trends of business mobility solutions that are capable of changing the ecosystem of your organization:
- From BYOD to Multiple Devices
The Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy is made to implement mobility in the enterprises and entrepreneurs tend to adopt this concept swiftly with custom enterprise applications. These applications can work well on multiple devices irrespective of display size. On one hand, employees can easily download and access these apps in their devices and get the seamless connectivity. On the other hand, businesses can save big bucks on purchasing smart devices for their employees.
Here, the biggest challenge is the safety of critical business data. However, customized enterprise mobility solutions can address this challenge effectively while offering all the benefits of mobility to the business.
- IoT Gets Mainstreamed
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a futuristic technology that remains mostly in the form of smart sensors and connected devices. But, this scenario is going to change quickly because IoT has started exerting a significant influence on enterprise applications. As this tech trend gets mainstreamed, we can see that enterprise apps are becoming smarter than ever.
These days, companies use the IoT- enabled mobile apps irrespective of industry sectors and business model. Such apps let them control and manage various smart devices while promoting automation in the workplace. What’s more, the key persons can get the valuable data on their smartphones obtained from connected devices. They can also analyze the data on the move to plan and implement business strategies to make processes more effective and result-oriented.
- Cloud Becomes a Norm
A few years ago, the adoption of cloud computing concept was considered as a choice. But, in today’s data-driven world, it becomes a compelling necessity for the enterprises worldwide. Business mobility solutions are also no exception in embracing the cloud services as the technology gets matured. It is possible to access information for the companies irrespective of time and place in a cost-effective way all thanks to the cloud technology.
As enterprise mobility is primarily aimed at providing a seamless and anytime data access to the users, it is imperative for the enterprise mobility applications to shift to the cloud. Though data security concerns loom large in the current age of cyber attacks, the hybrid cloud concept can help companies deal with these concerns effectively.
- Performance-oriented Approach
Business apps need to excel in every parameter lead by the performance. Entrepreneurs want apps that can load fast and run seamlessly irrespective of network connectivity. Only such apps can give a higher RoI with an optimum outcome. This rule is applicable to enterprise mobility applications as well.
It also implies that these apps are powerful enough to serve the current needs of the users and flexible to include the features to address the future needs. In other words, the mobility applications should perform the useful functions seamlessly, and these apps can run in an offline mode also.
- Augmented Reality Becomes Prevalent
Gone are the days when the Augmented Reality (AR) technology was used to make games. Since the last few years, the AR technology has risen in prominence across the various industry sectors, and today, it is one of the fastest growing enterprise mobility trends. It can make the user experience more pleasant and lifelike.
Today, technological advancements in AR and VR (Virtual Reality) act as a bridge between the real and virtual world. When AR is integrated into the business mobility solutions, it can create a simulative experience for the users and can be used for providing training to the employees from a remote location in an interactive way.
- More Apps for Different Objectives
A sudden spike in the number of applications has made enterprise mobility a huge domain. This increase is in line with the growing number of smart devices like tablets and smartphones in the market. Another reason for increasing number of mobility apps is the industry’s trend to invest in context-based or apps made for specific reasons.
For example, a few enterprises opt for knowledge-sharing apps to train the employees working at remote locations, whereas, some companies select marketing apps that categorically focus on promotional activities. In future, we can certainly expect that more process-specific mobility apps will come.
- Security Holds the Key to Success
When it comes to accessing the confidential business data, security concerns loom large on the enterprises. Perhaps this is the reason why the trend of focusing on security remains the same though mobility trends keep on changing over the years.
Growing incidents of data theft and security breaches, keep both entrepreneurs and mobile app developers on their toes. The solution to the concern of data security comes in the form of end-to-end mobile device management that includes the effective monitoring and management of mobile devices, apps, data, and network used in the enterprises to leverage mobility solutions.
AI is Arriving
Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been integrated with the latest technologies and gains ground with the advent of machine learning. To leverage the benefits of full automation, it is necessary for the enterprises to implement AI in business operations. These days, every company wants to adopt AI to serve customers in a better way by improving processes. Voice-activated assistants like Siri and smart industry are the concepts that are driven by AI.
Cross-platform Apps will Prevail
For implementing the BYOD concept in the full swing, the enterprises need to get prepared for the devices with different OS. It is possible that some of the employees use Android phones while the other have iPhones. Therefore, companies must have developed the mobility apps that can run on both Android and iOS. Google has also initiated a push for cross-platform application development by introducing Flutter SDK.
It is safe to say that enterprise apps with customized features are ready to serve the global enterprises that are expanding at a fast pace. Though there are a number of challenges in the way of adopting mobility, the business owners can get the full rewards after implementing and use it effectively. It is, therefore, advisable for the companies to get robust and result-oriented enterprise mobility solutions with the latest trends to take their business to the next level.
Latest posts by Mitesh Patel
- 7 Enterprise Mobility Trends You Need to Focus for Implementing Mobility at Your Workplace - June 29, 2018
- We Must Not Ignore These Five Enterprise IT Trends For 2018 - February 15, 2018
- How IOT Will Navigate The Future Of Smart Cities In India - December 27, 2017