To speed up adoption of blockchain technology, Crypto start-up Ripple is donating $50 million to 17 universities across the globe, under its new initiative, named University Blockchain Research Initiative (UBRI).
The cryptocurrency giant hopes that its initiative will help support academic research, and innovation in blockchain, cryptocurrency ,and digital payments.
The current list of UBRI participants includes 7 universities from the United States; 2 universities from india; and one uiversity each from Australia, Cyprus, Canada, Netherlands, Brazil, South Korea, Luxembourg, and United Kingdom.
Here’s the complete list of the 17 universities that Ripple is investing in:
- Australian National University College of the Law, Australia
- Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- MIT (Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory), United States
- Princeton University (Center for Information Technology Policy), United States
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas, Brazil
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton School), United States
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- University of California, Berkeley (Haas School of Business), United States
- The International Institute of Information Technology, Hyderabad (IIIT-H), India
- Korea University, South Korea
- University of Texas at Austin (McCombs School of Business), United States
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, United States
- University College London (UCL), United Kingdom
- University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg
- University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- University of Oregon, United States
- University of Waterloo, Canada