American universities made up six of the top ten higher education centers, according to the latest global rankings, with Stanford University topping the list, followed by Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), and Harvard University.
The US has the most universities appearing on the CEOWORLD magazine’s list of the best universities in the world for 2018 ranking, with a total of 123 institutions in the top 500 from 54 countries.
The overall top-ranked universities are Stanford, MIT, Harvard, Cambridge, Oxford, Caltech, Princeton, the University of Chicago (UChicago), the University College London (UCL), and ETH Zurich.
The ranking looks at the international influence of the university, recruiters responses, employers feedback, job placement rate, admission eligibility, specialization, and academic reputation, with international recognition of academics accounting for 20 percent of each university’s score.
The University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, the University College London (UCL), and ETH Zurich were the top-ranked non-US institutions in the world.
The 20 Best Universities in the world for 2018, According To The CEOWORLD magazine:
- Stanford University, US
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US
- Harvard University, US
- University of Cambridge, UK
- University of Oxford, UK
- California Institute of Technology, US
- Princeton University, US
- University of Chicago, US
- UCL, UK
- ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Yale University, US
- Columbia University, US
- Imperial College London, UK
- University of Pennsylvania, US
- Cornell University, US
- Johns Hopkins University, US
- The University of California, Berkeley, US
- University of California, Los Angeles, US
- University of California, San Francisco, US
- Duke University, US