Do You Want To Engage Overseas Employees In Your Business? Use These 4 Tips [Infographic]
Since many years, human resource departments are struggling to create and promote the culture of good employer and employee engagement in organizations or companies.
Recently survey results showed that very few employees fall under the category where they can be counted as highly or moderately engaged employees in an organization.
This is an alarming situation for the business owners, especially those who are running their business at international level.
International business owners face greater challenges in communicating with the hired people, and after that taking advantage of their capabilities. But it is obviously never impossible for a person to take control of all these issues which can own a huge business.
Employer’s Focal Points to Improve Employee Engagement in Organization
To make improvements in the employer and employee relationship and engagement, four important sides need the attention of employer in a company.
Through effective collaboration, the employers can empower the employees and thus improve their engagement.
The promise that collaboration of employer with employees makes is that the employer will try to get to know the employee other than just a worker.
Following are certain practices that can help employers develop better collaboration with the employee:
- Relocating: As the employer switch the working place of workers from one office location to another, the employee will start to develop a feeling of being an important part of the team.
- Healthy Competition: Another thing that employers can try is to keep the competition among employees at a certain level. Exceeding that level could create a negative environment in the organization, as well as there is a chance of losing the already developed healthy
- Personal Interaction: Besides seminars, workshops, and conferences allow your employees to interact with you by hosting parties or functions occasionally in office.
Proper coordination between an employer and employee is very important.
It is the responsibility of the employer to make sure that they conduct face to face conversations with the employee off and on. It does not matter if your employee is sitting overseas, as, in this modern world of technology, there are many options to get in touch with anyone at any time.
Following are certain points that can help employers develop better coordination with employees.
- Live Meetings: Conduct live meetings with the employees, as there is no substitute for facing each other live on screen if you cannot meet in person.
- Select Right Time for Meeting: Arrange live meetings by keeping in mind the time zone of the employees. Try to organize them at comfortable timings for all.
- Use of Smart Softwares: To avoid misunderstandings and to work as a team, the employer must make use of the software that helps in the management of all the projects going on in the company. This single platform will be used by all and would develop effective coordination not only between employer and employee but among employees as well.
- Personal Employer-Employee Interaction: The employer must also try to talk to the employees other than work through skype or any other online medium. A simple chit-chat can develop better bonding between the employer and employee.
The employer is responsible for creating a respectable and comfortable culture for its employees. Employees, especially the ones that live overseas, must feel that they are completely trusted by the employer and the organization as a whole. This will lead to the development of strong engagement and commitment of the employee to the organization. Now, the employer can do certain things to develop better understanding and engagement with international employees. These are:
- Trust Employees: As your employee is away, they must feel that their employer has full trust in They must not get the negative feeling that they are micromanaged.
- Employee individual Representation: An employer must give the overseas employees the liberty of representing the organization independently. They must know that the employer trusts them and consider them an important part of the team.
- Get Employee Opinion: The employer can engage the employees even more into the organization by asking them to fill some random questionnaires related to happiness, productivity, etc. In this way, the employer will be able to get an idea of what the employee is thinking.
The whole world knows that effective communication is very important, no matter what the relationship is. In case of employer an employee relationship, engagements level can be improved if some important things are taken into account by the employer. These are:
- Constant Feed of Information: The employer must make sure that now and then, the overseas employees get updates about every small and big thing that happens in the organization.
- Easy Access to Information: The overseas employees must be made aware of the upcoming challenges of the organization, the success stories and about important contributions that they are expected to make in the company.
- Effective Communication Style: The employer must understand that there are different styles of communication that are to be used with different people who are speaking different languages. Keeping this mind, the employer will be able to communicate with the employee effectively.
By considering all these factors, an employer can successfully engage its overseas employees. You can make your employees loyal and committed to your business, just by following these tips. So, go ahead and make the change that you want in your company.
Latest posts by Megan Batchelor
- Pitching For Events: Ensuring A Successful Pitch - November 16, 2018
- 7 Important Tips To Manage Logistics For Small Businesses - November 14, 2018
- Three Universities In the United Kingdom Could Go BANKRUPT - November 5, 2018