Top 10 U.S. colleges and universities with the highest number of international students for 2016-2017
New York University has the largest number of international students studying at U.S. colleges and universities, according to the Institute of International Education (IIE) in the institute’s 2017 Open Doors Report.
New York University hosted 17,326 international students, followed by University of Southern California with 14,327 students, Columbia University (14,096 international students), Northeastern University- Boston (13,201 international students), and Arizona State University- Tempe (13,164 international students).
The University of Illinois- Urbana-Champaign had the sixth largest number of international students in the country with 12,454 foreign students
The top states for international students remained unchanged last year, with California topping the list followed by New York, Texas and Massachusetts.
Almost half of the foreign students studying in the U.S. are from China or India – these are the top 15 countries of origin for international students in the United States.
Top 10 U.S. colleges with the highest number of international students for 2016-2017
- New York University: 17,326
- University of Southern California: 14,327
- Columbia University: 14,096
- Northeastern University- Boston: 13,201
- Arizona State University- Tempe: 13,164
- University of Illinois- Urbana-Champaign: 12,454
- University of California- Los Angeles: 12,199
- Purdue University: 11,288
- University of Texas- Dallas: 9,305
- Penn State University- University Park: 9,134
Top universities hosting international students
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- Top 150 Colleges And Universities For Employability, 2018: Harvard, Caltech, MIT, Cambridge, And Stanford Tops - November 16, 2018
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018