Well, the luxury fashion market is expanding and it’s still getting bigger every day. According to new data, compiled by the CEOWORLD magazine, Louis Vuitton is the world’s most influential luxury fashion brand for 2017. Next was Gucci, followed by Hermès and then Chanel.
The Brain & Company estimated the global personal luxury goods market to be valued at $298 billion, with a potential to reach an astonishing value of $348 billion value by 2020.
What are the top luxury fashion brands with the best reputations in the fashion industry?
As of now there are more than a hundred luxury fashion in the world, but not all of them are recognized as they are overshadowed by bigger names in the industry.
Below is a list of top 17 most influential luxury fashion brands of the world for 2017.
- Louis Vuitton – Founded by Louis Vuitton in 1984, Louis Vuitton Malletier, often referred to as Louis Vuitton, or LV, is a French fashion house, specialising in luxury trunks and leather goods, as well as ready-to-wear, shoes, watches, jewellery, accessories and sunglasses. (Influence Score: 98)
- Gucci – The Italian fashion and leather goods house was founded in 1921 in Florence. Gucci was founded in Florence in 1921, by Guccio Gucci. Today Gucci is part of the Gucci Group and is owned by Kering, a French company mostly known as PPR. (Influence Score: 97.6)
- Hermès – Hermès International S.A., mostly known as Hermès Paris, or just Hermès, is a French luxury manufacturer that was founded in 1837. In 2011, Hermès set a world record, when one of their famous bags, the Hermès Birkin Bag, was sold at an auction for an astonishing price of $203,150 and became the most expensive purse to be sold at an auction. (Influence Score: 97.5)
- Chanel – Owned by Alain and Gerard Wertheimer, grandsons of Pierre Wertheimer, Chanel one of the most recognized luxury fashion brand in the world. Specializes in cover clothes, fragrances, handbags and watches. (Influence Score: 96)
- Cartier – Société Cartier, mostly known as Cartier, is a French designer and manufacturer of jewellery and watches. The company was founded by Louis-François Cartier in 1847, in Paris and still has its headquarters in Paris, run by CEO Stanislas de Quercize. (Influence Score: 94.5)
- Rolex – Rolex SA, mostly known as Rolex, is famous for its top quality wristwatches, that are designed, manufactured, distributed and serviced by the Rolex brand itself. (Influence Score: 94)
- Coach is an American multinational luxury fashion company based in New York City, specialising inwomen’s handbags, belts and retails custom made clothing. The company was founded in Manhattan, New York, in 1941. Coach is currently run by CEO Lewis Frankfort. (Influence Score: 93)
- Burberry, Burberry Group plc, mostly known as Burberry, is a luxury fashion house from Britain. The company was founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry. (Influence Score: 92.7)
- Prada, an Italian fashion label which specializes in luxury goods such as leather accessories, shoes, luggage and hats. Prada S.P.A., mostly known as Prada, is an Italian fashion house that was founded in 1913 by Mario Prada. The company has the headquarters in Milan, Italy, and is run by CEO Patrizio Bertelli. (Influence Score: 92.4)
- Armani – Founded in 1975 by Giorgio Armani and Sergio Galeotti. The international Italian fashion house covers a wide range of products, from haute couture to ready-to-wear clothing items and jewellery to home interiors. (Influence Score: 92.1)
- Dior, the French luxury goods company, Dior, Founded in 1946 by the eponymous designer Christian Dior. The brand released its debut collection during the same year, and this is attributed by many as what ushered the revival of the French fashion industry. Dior now has numerous beauty and fashion products, spawned different labels for wardrobe for men and children, and has welcomed many celebrity ambassadors such as Natalie Portman and Jennifer Lawrence. (Influence Score: 91.7)
- Dolce & Gabbana, an Italian luxury industry fashion house. Founded in 1985 by designers Domenico Dolce & Stefano Gabbana in Milan, Italy. (Influence Score: 91.4)
- Tiffany & Co. – a luxury American multinational jewelry and silverware corporation, with headquarters in New York City. (Influence Score: 91)
- Fendi – Founded in 1925 in Rome by Adele and Edoardo Fendi, Fendi is an Italian luxury fashion house whose specialities include fur, ready-to-wear, leather goods, shoes, fragrances, eyewear, timepieces and accessories. (Influence Score: 90)
- Versace – Founded by Gianni Versace in 1978, Versace is one of the world’s leading international fashion brands and is a symbol of Italian style worldwide. The Myth of Versace is famous throughout the world – It is a myth of fashion, glamour and being sexy. (Influence Score: 88)
- Ralph Lauren – Ralph Lauren has made an indelible imprint on the fashion world with his collections for men and women. Today, his signature themes – Hollywood romance, town-and-country heritage, cosmopolitan city-chic and Art Deco glamor – extend into the world of Ralph Lauren eyewear. With sleek modernity and classic proportions, each pair is a vivid expression of the designer’s elegant, sophisticated style. (Influence Score: 87)
- – Valentino Garavani and Giancarlo Giammetti founded the famed house of Valentino in Rome in 1960. Known for its glamorous designs, rich fabrics, and legendary red dress, the label quickly became a Hollywood favorite. Today, Creative Director Pierpaolo Piccioli continues the brand’s legacy of creating romantic, ethereal, and beautifully crafted clothing as well as wildly covetable accessories. (Influence Score: 86.4)
Note: The Influence Score is a number between 1-100 that represents brands global influence.