Paul McCartney has just been named the UK’s richest musician on the Sunday Times Music Rich List. The publication has estimated the former Beatle and his wife Nancy Shevell wealth at £800m.
With an eye-watering estimated wealth of £740 million, music composer Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber comes in at 2nd, while U2 fly the flag for Ireland on the list at third place. Bono and co is believed to be worth £548 million.
Mick Jagger is the highest-earning Rolling Stone; taking 5th place on the list behind Elton John in 4th (£250 million and £290 million respectively).
Keith Richards follows at No. 6 with an astronomical total wealth of just under £235m.
Olivia and Dhani Harrison are in 7th with £210m, while Irish dance star Michael Flatley and Beatles hero Ringo Starr share 8th with £200m.
The Top 10 is rounded off by Sting – he’s worth £185 million.
These Are The 20 richest musicians in the UK for 2017:
- Paul McCartney and Nancy Shevell – £800 million
- Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber – £740 million
- U2 – £548 million
- Elton John – £290 million
- Mick Jagger – £250 million
- Keith Richards – £235 million
- Olivia and Dhani Harrison – £210 million
- Michael Flatley – £200 million
- Ringo Starr – £200 million
- Sting – £185 million
- Eric Clapton – £170 million
- Rod Stewart – £170 million
- Roger Waters – £165 million
- Tom Jones – £160 million
- Tim Rice – £152 million
- Robbie Williams – £150 million
- Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne – £140 million
- Charlie Watts – £130 million
- Adele – £125 million
- Brian May – £125 million