Here Are 11 Must-Read Books For Angel Investors And Venture Capitalists
Fortunately, there are hundreds of really great books out there that are aimed at helping startup investors, but there are a few in particular that we highly recommend for angel investors and venture capitalists. But before we start, here’s a piece explaining the difference between angel investment and venture capital.
Here are 11 must read books for angel investors and venture capitalists that caught my attention. I think they’re worth another read:
- “Competitive Strategy: Techniques for Analyzing Industries and Competitors” by Michael E. Porter, an economist, speaker and Bishop William Lawrence University Professor at the Harvard Business School.
- “Crossing the Chasm: Marketing and Selling High-Tech Products to Mainstream Customers” by Geoffrey A. Moore, an author, speaker, and management consultant.
- “The Innovator’s Dilemma: When New Technologies Cause Great Firms to Fail (Management of Innovation and Change)” by Clayton M. Christensen, author, business consultant, and the Kim B. Clark Professor of Business Administration at the Harvard Business School.
- “Startup: A Silicon Valley Adventure” by Jerry Kaplan, a serial entrepreneur, technical innovator, bestselling author, and futurist.
- “Shoe Dog: A Memoir by the Creator of Nike,” by Phil Knight, the founder of Nike, Inc. He served as CEO of the company from 1964 to 2004 and as board chairman through 2016.
- The Startup Game: Inside the Partnership between Venture Capitalists and Entrepreneurs by by William H. Draper III, one of America’s first venture capitalists, begun his venture capital career in 1959.
- “Pitch Anything: An Innovative Method for Presenting, Persuading, and Winning the Deal (Business Skills and Development)” – By Oren Klaff
- “What Every Angel Investor Wants You to Know: An Insider Reveals How to Get Smart Funding for Your Billion Dollar Idea” By Brian Cohen, an angel investor and entrepreneur mentor he now serves as the Chairman of the New York Angel.
- “Raising Capital: Get the Money You Need to Grow Your Business” – By Andrew J. Sherman, a Partner and Chair of the Washington, D.C. Corporate Department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP.
- “Mastering the VC Game: A Venture Capital Insider Reveals How to Get from Start-up to IPO on YOUR Terms” by Jeffrey Bussgang, Senior Lecturer in the Entrepreneurial Management Unit at the Harvard Business School and a General Partner at Flybridge Capital Partners, an early-stage venture capital firm.
- “Venture Deals: Be Smarter Than Your Lawyer and Venture Capitalist” by Brad Feld and Jason Mendelson. Jason Mendelson, a venture capitalist and Brad Feld is co-founder and managing director at Foundry Group.
These are the 11 books that we highly recommend to any angel investor and venture capitalist.
Latest posts by Dr. Amarendra Bhushan Dhiraj
- The World’s Biggest Oil Consuming Countries - November 13, 2018
- Top 30 Colleges That Produced The Most Fortune 500 CEOs - November 12, 2018
- World’s Top 10 Countries With The Most Ultra-High Net Worth Individuals, 2018 - November 9, 2018