Here are 45 of the best fashion quotes from some of our favourite fashion designers and style icons; sometimes provocative and, in most occasions, timeless!
I thought it would be fun to share these with you today.
What are some of your favourite words of wisdom from the icons of the fashion world?
Do you have your own fashion mantras and quotes you live by?
Share it with us by commenting below – and tweet us your favourite stylish lines @ceoworld + #ceoworldquotes.
1. “People will stare. Make it worth their while.” – Harry Winston
2. “Luxury is the ease of a t-shirt in a very expensive dress.” – Karl Lagerfeld
3. “And now, I’m just trying to change the world, one sequin at a time.” – Lady Gaga
4. “My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.” – Audrey Hepburn
5. “A little bad taste is like a nice splash of paprika. We all need a splash of bad taste—it’s hearty, it’s healthy, it’s physical. I think we could use more of it. No taste is what I’m against.” – Diana Vreeland
6. “One is never over-dressed or under-dressed with a Little Black Dress.” – Karl Lagerfeld
7. “Before you leave the house, look in the mirror and remove one accessory.” – Coco Chanel
8. “I firmly believe that with the right footwear one can rule the world.” – Bette Midler
9. “I loathe narcissism, but I approve of vanity.” – Diana Vreeland
10. “A woman’s dress should be a like a barbed-wire fence: serving its purpose without obstructing the view.” – Sophia Loren
11. “Elegance is elimination.” – Cristóbal Balenciaga
12. “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” – Rachel Zoe
13. “I don’t approach fashion. Fashion approaches me!” – Daphne Guinness
14. “We have this saying, Christy and I. We don’t wake up for less than $10,000 a day.” – Linda Evangelista
15. “My look is a cocktail. I’m not as nicely turned out as the french, but I don’t care like the English.” – Jane Birkin
16. “More is more and less is a bore.” – ris Apfel
17. “Clothes are like a good meal, a good movie, great pieces of music.” – Michael Kors
18. “I wish I had invented blue jeans: the most spectacular, the most practical, the most relaxed and nonchalant. They have expression, modesty, sex appeal, simplicity—all I hope for in my clothes.” – ves Saint Laurent
19. “Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” – Bo Derek
20. “Big girls need big diamonds.” – Elizabeth Taylor
21. “Sweatpants are a sign of defeat. You lost control of your life so you bought some sweatpants.” – Karl Lagerfeld
22. “Men tell me that I’ve saved their marriages. It costs them a fortune in shoes, but it’s cheaper than a divorce. So I’m still useful, you see” – Manolo Blahnik
23. “What you wear is how you present yourself to the world, especially today, when human contacts are so quick. Fashion is instant language.” – Miuccia Prada
24. “In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.” – Coco Chanel
25. “Attitude is everything.” – Diane von Furstenberg
26. “We must never confuse elegance with snobbery.” – Yves Saint Laurent
27. “Playing dress-up begins at age five and never truly ends.” – Kate Spade
28. “Elegance is not standing out, but being remembered.” – Giorgio Armani
29. “Your dresses should be tight enough to show you’re a woman and loose enough to show you’re a lady.” – Edith Head
30. “The hardest thing in fashion is not to be known for a logo, but to be known for a silhouette.” – Giambattista Valli
31. “Don’t be into trends. Don’t make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way to live.” – Gianni Versace
32. “In difficult times, fashion is always outrageous.” – Elsa Schiaparelli
33. “You can never take too much care over the choice of your shoes. Too many women think that they are unimportant, but the real proof of an elegant woman is what is on her feet.” – Christian Dior
34. “I like my money right where I can see it…hanging in my closet.” – Carrie Bradshaw
35. “Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.” – Kate Moss
36. “I can’t concentrate in flats!” – Victoria Beckham
37. “I don’t do fashion. I am fashion.” – Coco Chanel
38. “Walk like you have three men walking behind you.” – Oscar de la Renta
39. “You can have anything you want in life if you dress for it.” – Edith Head
40. “Fashion is the armor to survive the reality of everyday life.” – Bill Cunningham
41. “When in doubt, wear red.” – Bill Blass
42. “I don’t design clothes. I design dreams.” – Ralph Lauren
43. “Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them.” – Marc Jacobs
44. “Fashions fade, style is eternal.” – Yves Saint Laurent
45. “Anyone can get dressed up and glamorous, but it is how people dress in their days off that are the most intriguing.” – Alexander Wang
1. “How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high heels?” – Sonia Rykiel
2. “Fashion is what you’re offered four times a year by designers. And style is what you choose.” – Lauren Hutton
3. “The dress must follow the body of a woman, not the body following the shape of the dress.” – Hubert de Givenchy
4. “I know what women want. They want to be beautiful.” – Valentino Garavani
5. “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future.” – Coco Chanel
The views expressed in this article are those of the author alone and not the CEOWORLD magazine.
We’d like to hear what you think about this or any of our articles. Here’s our email: email@example.com.
Follow The CEOWORLD magazine on Facebook, Twitter (@ceoworld), Instagram, and LinkedIn.