2015’s Top 10 Software-as-a-Service solution for big data analytics companies list
After undergoing a rigorous selection process, Alteryx, Ayasdi, C3 Energy, 1010data, and BeyondCore was recognized among the foremost Software-as-a-Service solution for big data analytics companies on AlwaysOn’s list of 2015’s OnCloud Top 100 winner.
Other prominent companies selected in the “SaaS—Big Data Analytics” category, including ClearStoryData, Collective, Lotame, DataSift, and Plantir Technologies.
Top 10 Software-as-a-Service solution for big data analytics companies
1) 1010data, New York, NY – 1010data is one of the leading provider of big data discovery and data sharing solutions. It is used by hundreds of the world’s largest retail, manufacturing, telecom, and financial services enterprises because of its proven ability to deliver actionable insight from very large amounts of data more quickly, easily and inexpensively than any other solution.
Key People at 1010data:
Sandy Steier, CEO and Cofounder, recognized as an innovator behind the adoption of advanced analytic technologies for Big Data.
Joel Kaplan, Chairman, CTO and Cofounder, widely recognized as a leader in the use of technology on Wall Street.
2) Alteryx, Inc., Irvine, CA – Alteryx is the leader in data blending and advanced analytics software. Alteryx Analytics provides analysts with an intuitive workflow for data blending and advanced analytics that leads to deeper insights in hours, not the weeks typical of traditional approaches.
Key People at Alteryx:
Dean Stoecker, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, and a founding partner of Alteryx. Dean earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Colorado, plus a Master of Business Administration from Pepperdine University.
Ned Harding is Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, and a founding partner of Alteryx.
George Mathew, President and Chief Operating Officer of Alteryx, where he oversees marketing, products, and strategy for the company. George holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Neurobiology from Cornell University, plus a Master of Business Administration from Duke University, where he was a Fuqua Scholar.
3) Ayasdi, Palo Alto, CA, an advanced analytics company that provides machine learning software to Fortune 500 companies to solve their complex data challenges. Ayasdi pioneered the use of Topological Data Analysis (TDA), to simplify and accelerate complex data analysis.
Key People at Ayasdi:
Gurjeet Singh, CEO and co-founder, developed algorithms for Topological Data Analysis (TDA) and their applications during his graduate work as a part of a DARPA funded research project at Stanford. Gurjeet holds a B.Tech. from Delhi University, and a Ph.D. in Computational Mathematics from Stanford University.
Gunnar Carlsson, President and a co-founder.
4) BeyondCore, San Mateo, CA
BeyondCore tells you the right questions to ask. It can automatically explore millions of variable combinations and immediately present the most important insights without human bias or error. It has been used by fourteen of the Fortune 100 companies to solve a wide variety of analytic problems and has received multiple industry innovation awards.
Key People at BeyondCore:
Arijit Sengupta, CEO and founder, has been granted a dozen patents in advanced analytics, business process as a service, operational risk, privacy and information security.
Griffin Chronis, co-founder, prior to joining BeyondCore, Griffin worked at Autonomy, MIT Media Lab, Glug Glug and Dena Global.
5) C3 Energy, Redwood City, CA, offers smart grid analytics SaaS solutions that enable utilities to realize the full promise of their investments in the smart grid. The C3 Energy Analytics platform is unique in its ability to integrate massive amounts of disparate data, apply sophisticated multilayered analytics, and provide highly usable portals that generate actionable realtime insights.
Key People at C3 Energy:
Thomas M. Siebel, chairman and chief executive officer of C3 Energy. Mr. Siebel was the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Siebel Systems, one of the world’s leading software companies, which merged with Oracle Corporation in January 2006.
Ed Abbo, President and Chief Technical Officer, formerly Senior Vice President at Oracle Corporation responsible for Oracle’s application and SaaS products including CRM, ERP, and Supply Chain products.
6) ClearStoryData, Menlo Park, CA, bringing next-generation Data Intelligence to everyone, in order to accelerate the way businesses get answers across any number of data sources. By dramatically simplifying data access to internal and external sources, harmonizing disparate data on-the-fly, and enabling fast, collaborative exploration, ClearStory Data’s end-to-end solution includes an integrated platform and incredibly simple user application.
Key People at C3 ClearStoryData: Sharmila Shahani-Mulligan, CEO and founder.
7) Collective[i], New York, NY, provides a set performance optimization applications, which use a combination of advanced analytics and decision support tools to dramatically improve the performance of your sales, marketing, customer service and customer support teams.
Key People at Collective[i]:
Tad Martin, co-founder & CEO, prior to founding Collective[i], Mr. Martin headed operations at Overstock.com as the company’s COO / GMM. He earned a Six Sigma Black Belt and applied the methodology to operations at Overstock. He holds a B.A. in English from the University of Utah.
Heidi Messer, co-founder and Chairman, prior to Collective[i], Ms. Messer and her brother, Mr. Stephen Messer, co-founded LinkShare Corporation, which is host to one of the world’s largest online affiliate networks.
Stephen Messer, co-founder and Vice Chairman, prior to Collective[i], Mr. Messer and his sister, Ms. Heidi Messer, co-founded LinkShare Corporation, which is host to one of the world’s largest online affiliate networks.
8) DataSift Inc., San Francisco, CA, the leader in Human Data Intelligence. Processing more than 2 billion interactions a day, DataSift empowers enterprises and application developers to maximize value from human-generated data by transforming it into actionable intelligence.
Key People at DataSift:
Nick Halstead, founder and CEO, a foremost visionary on the power of social data to revolutionize information delivery and a pioneer in real-time cloud based unstructured data processing. He also founded TweetMeme, the leading platform delivering social news, which quickly built an audience of millions in 30 countries.
9) Lotame, Columbia, MD, the Cross-Device DMP for Maximum Audience Impact— helping publishers, marketers and agencies maximize the way they collect, unify, protect, and activate audience data on any device. Leveraging the industry’s most robust audience management engine, they’re able to intelligently monetize data, create premium properties, target more efficiently, and drive higher campaign performance and revenue.
Key People at Lotame:
Andy Monfried, founder and CEO of Lotame, the industry’s leading data management platform (DMP). Since founding the business in 2006, Andy’s focus has been on creating a world-class data management technology to drive real results for publishers, networks, and marketers.
10) Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Latest posts by Jessica Todd Swift
- 11 Ways For 2019 To Improve Your Credit Score - November 6, 2018
- Best Custom Enamel Pin Manufacturer: 5 Tips To Find Out The Right Pin Maker - November 1, 2018
- 6 Company Gifts You Should Consider For Your Employees - November 1, 2018